cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Mac OS Sierra

Go to solution

I have installed the new Mac OS Sierra over El Capitan and now find that the Mac desktop app does not work properly. Sync isn't working nor is the ability to select backup folders. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mac OS Sierra

Go to solution

Same here, and when I try to add the folders back in, it won't let me - no errors displayed either. I only found this error mentioned a few times in the Console log: "default 16:45:39.294898 +0100 BT Cloud UNIX error exception: 17."

Additionally, using fs_usage and opensnoop commands, I can see there is some activity by the app. It's all a bit weird that none of the backup folders are listed, and I can't add any via the dashboard - Something's definitely broken.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Glad it's not just me! Adding a backup folder does nothing in the desktop app, but the folder does appear in "Mac Desktop" in the cloud. This is different to the "BT Cloud" sync folder.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Interesting. So that suggests it's actually backing-up? It's still disconcerting that it says "You are not backing up from this computer" in the Backup tab of the app... I hope it gets resolved soon!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Same with me, the Sync tab is grayed out on the dashboard. It was a bit flaky on El Capitan anyway!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

"BT Cloud on Mac OS X

• We’ve updated BT Cloud on Mac OS X to fully support the Sierra operating system, which Apple have recently released. There are also a couple of small bug fixes.
  • We’re rolling this update out today. If you already have BT Cloud installed, then you’ll receive an automatic notification asking you to update

There's another small bug fix required when trying to update:

"Could not execute the application updater component. The file may be missing or corrupted."

I've had to un-install it completely and download and reinstall it and that seems to work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi I'm getting the same error when trying to update; has this been solved yet?

BT Cloud Update Notification

Could not execute the application updater component. The file may be missing or corrupted.

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 21.09.33.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I am also getting the "Could not execute the application updater component. The file may be missing or corrupted." message.

Has a fix been found yet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi - BT told me to delete the current BT Cloud software, and then reinstall the latest version from https://bt.com/cloud/download/. Apperantly the issue is that the version of BT Cloud software I was using wasn't Sierra compatible, and I'd upgraded to Sierra before installing the latest Cloud version, which was making the update fail.

0 Ratings