cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Madingley Race to Infinity

Go to solution

We are on the Madingley Exchange which won the Race to Infinity. Still no Inifinity for us. Two cabinets have been upgraded but I can't find our if our cabinet will ever be upgraded (at Madingley Mulch apparently). Seems more like the Race to ADSL to me. Any idea how I can find out?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Madingley Race to Infinity

Go to solution
email nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and ask
0 Ratings
gunsmoke
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi

I was one of the people running arround collecting votes in the Race To Infinity.

There have only been 2 cabinets that will be upgraded.  one serving most of the top half of Hardwick, and one serving Coton. 

Everyone else is due for FTTP.  The rest of Hardwick was released for ordering FTTP a few weeks ago, Caldecote and Madingley are still waiting (apart from one street)  I'm waiting for a date for FTTP to be connected in Hardwick at the moment - ordered it a few weeks ago.

Do you know which cabinet you are attached to?  I know FTTP isnt concerned with cabinets, but the FTTP roll out has happened in cabinet areas so far on hte Madingley exchange.

GunSmoke

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply (and all the effort to make this happen). I believe we are connected to a cabinet at Madingley Mulch (we are at the Crome Lea Farm business park) at least that was what the engineer said when we had another new ADSL line put in. The really frustrating thing is we have several fibres coming into our building which were used years ago for a 128k ntl connection, but are still tagged and possibly not compatible with Infinity anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gunsmoke
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I'm not sure there is a cabinet at Madingly Mulch.  the postcode to cabinet checker:

http://fttc-check.alc.im/

says your postcode it attached to cabinet 5, along with the rest of Madingley.  I think that one is down by the mini roundabout in Madingley village, outside the hall.

That doesnt mean much, as it is FTTP you will be getting & has nothing to do with cabinets anyway.  I would expect that they will be putting a fibre splitter node type thing to serve the properties along your road, but where they put it and when they will finish it, no-one knows.

The Madingley exchange race to infinity team havent had any more info for a good few months now.

0 Ratings