cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Mail server not working for iPad, iPhone or iMac

For several days my mail has not been sent to various devices which are set up to using IMAP connection.

Today my iPad and iPhone fail to connect saying that the server is not responding and that I should verify my password and/or Logon Id.

Following is a list of situations that I have experienced related to this problem.

I can still see all the emails sent prior to today!

I cant delete any emails as these always reappear in my inbox!

I deleted an account on my iPhone and tried to set it up again. The mail server refused to accept my request!

I have run the mail 'connection doctor' diagnostics of my iMac and all the connections report staisfactory connection within a second or so, proving my id and password are correct!

I have sent emails from both my main and sub accounts to each other and these do not get received although they appear in the 'sent' folder!

When I logon to webmail I can see and access all my mail ( I assume my inbox contains all mail thats been sent?). In all respects this appears to function correctly.

My webmail states that I am connected to BT Yahoo Mail but when I use the facility to check my mail server it states that I am connect to BT Mail!

When I try to connect to BT Mail through the BT.com route it states that the server is down and that I should try again later! It has now been in this state for several days!!

Judging by recent posts on this forum I am by no means the only user suffering these types of problems.

Can I look forward to a speedy resolution of this serious degredation of service to me and many other customers otherwise I will forced to move my email service to my Apple account?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Lyneds5
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Mail server not working for iPad, iPhone or iMac

I have the same problem - times out contacting server.  All my other email accounts still work fine, including Yahoo.

live chat with "support" got me the message that since I could get to my emails at bt.com there was no issue at BT's end and it wasn't her role to deal with email clients. 

In fact BT know perfectly well it is their problem as I found when I hit the right page on bt.com.  They should train support staff better and let them know when they identify a problem.  Very poor service.  

0 Ratings
DavidA1
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I have experienced exactly the same problem since this morning. None of the suggestions from Apple have changed the message about the BT mail server (mail.btinternet.com) not responding.

resetting the router has had no effect either.

It is depressing to find that several others are experiencing exactly the same problem.

I cannot even check the incoming email from BT to complete my registration.

How embarrassing for BT to have so many customers complaining.

D

0 Ratings
Rob-Sharpe
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I have found last night that if I setup my Apple Mail accounts on my iPad and iPhone using the 'Yahoo' option and entering my BT email id and password then I get an Apple Mail facility that works perfectly. I expect that is becuase BT still use BT Yahoo Mail for my mail service although they still claim I have BT Mail!

It is also a strange coincidence that after I submitted my commumity post that my access to the BT Mail Server stopped working for several hours last night and this moring everything appeared to be working OK again. All by missing mail has now appeared in my mailbox! 

It is obvious that the 'Techies' within the 'BT Ivory Towers' have such a big problem on their hands trying to migrate customers from Yahoo Mail to BT Mail to that they have totally lost site of the fact that they must still provide a viable service.

0 Ratings
bike77gn
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I have the same problems using iPhone, iPad and PC. What is frustrating is it will be working ok and then suddenly refuse to send mail when all the mailbox settings are ok. When this happens emails can get sent 12 hours later or not at all. I've checked and am still on bt yahoo and I found that I can send from the bt yahoo app all the time. Very frustrating and annoying.
0 Ratings
metch
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Apple Mail states I have an account problem so Mail cannot connect to BT server.BT Yahoo Mail also is not connected.What's wrong?

0 Ratings
metch
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I don't believe it! Having registered with this forum I received an email almost immediately from an administrator so that showed that my account was active.The Account Error window has gone and I am now connected to the BT server. It's alla mystery to me.
0 Ratings
Barbarann
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I have had this problem with bt mail for over two weeks but gmail is still functioning properly.  Tried restarting the hub several times but it will not accept the BT password/key.   

Please can BT provide some decent customer service and give advice on how to resolve this?

0 Ratings