Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikke
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Mail stuck in Spam

Hi

I have BT Yahoo mail ... fow many years now. I am trying to move an email from a known sender (actually another BTinternet account) from my Spam box and into my Inbox .... but it will not move! I have tried dragging and dropping and also using the move function but no joy! I have tested this process with another email in my Spam box and it does move. I also tried marking the email in question and the one directly beside it ... and then moving both together. The result was that only one moved ... i.e. the one directly beside it! Am I doing something wrong? The email in question contains a zip attachment ...could that be teh problem?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
DavidM
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mail stuck in Spam

Hi @Mikke and welcome.

Can you try opening the email in your spam box and then in the top right click on the 'move' button. You should see a drop down menu with contacts and folders. If you select the required destination and click on it the message should move from the spam box. Can you try that and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
tmpogeorge
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I have exactly the same problem. Mail that I want is stuck in SPAM. It can't be moved to the inbox or declared not SPAM. There is something fundementaly flawed with the SPAM system. This morning the read receipt for a message I sent came through to the inbox but the reply went to SPAM and is stuck there.

I have tried clicking on not SPAM, the first time this is tried the message goes temporarily to the inbox and then quickly moves back to SPAM, after taht it wont do anything. Selecting the message and moving it to inbox has exactly the same result. I had a 50 minute phone chat with an indian call centre which proved that the person the other end hadn't a clue how to solve the peroblem or even what was causing it. So far I have 15 messages in my SPAM folder that have accumulated over the last 6 weeks and which can't be moved. It is about time yahoo and/or BT sorted this out and gave us back a safe senders list which might help.

It appears that the majority of the messages that end up in my SPAM folder are actully not SPAM at all which defeatsa the whole idea of a SPAM guard system, I'd rather have the few SPAM messages and all the others delivered to my inbox but there is no way of achieving this as far as I can see.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

There is quite a simple method of achieving it, use the right tool for the job, a mail client rather than the abomination that is webmail. Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Claws mail are all free and simple to set up and use.

0 Ratings
tmpogeorge
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Sorry not a very helpful answer for me. I only use the webmail interface to find out what hasn't been delivered to my email client (Outlook part of the Office suite). IF the message has been put into the SPAM folder how does the email client know that it is there? or do clients like thunderbird download the SPAM folder in its entirety?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

It might not be moving because of the attachment.

Have tried opening the email then move it?

Also you could try opening the attachment and save it then delete/remove the attachment.from the email if it will let you then move it.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

@tmpogeorgeYes, if you configure it in webmail mail settings to download all spam and mark it as such, it will download to all clients. If you are still on BTYahoo mail, you will need to select the basic view first in order to be able to access the settings for POP and forwarding.

0 Ratings
tmpogeorge
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

There aren't normally any attachments to the messages that wont move. Most of them originate from a yahoo group though and I am beginning to think that the problem is yahoo software adding something to the messages. The point is that the majority of the messages from the group get through and only the odd one or two per day dont. I have tried opening the email and moving it but it wont permanently move.

0 Ratings
tmpogeorge
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I am on Yahoo and I cant seem to find a way of doing this. I switched to the basic mail version but couldn't find any setting that enabled me to access POP and forwarding.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Sorry @tmpogeorge I don't believe it, they have removed the option. This bleeping mail system gets worse by the day. The spam forwarding is still active on my account but I can no longer change the option even if I wanted to.

This is how it used to look under mail options.

popforward.jpg

0 Ratings