Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 191 of 260

Re: Major Packet Loss

@letssurf wrote:

How are you getting your router to respond to pings? Are you using the BT Home Hub?

Own router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 192 of 260

So, BT have closed my fault "VOL051-9724137386576" as 'cleared'.

If it comes back tonight I'll be pretty **bleep** unhappy.  I have no reason to believe it's been 'cleared' at all, and every reason to suspect it went away at 11:30pm-midnight like every night since Friday.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 193 of 260

I got an email back from BT early this morning saying that they weren't aware it was a wider issue, but now had the head of networking working on it....it seems ok to me now. 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 194 of 260

I'm having the same problems. How do I report this? Do I need to open a fault and provide a PING output or can I just state the issue?

Thanks,

David.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 195 of 260

An update from @BTCare on Twitter this morning,

"Hi, the fault you provided is still open and with Wholesale who are the only people that can look into this, it may go cleared and back again as they do their checks and they will update you, until then we can't advise you further."

So that, and the comment just above this, hopefully means someone from BT is finally taking this seriously.  Of course, they may not be able to investigate until 7pm tonight, depending on the actual root cause.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 196 of 260

@dartiss wrote:

I'm having the same problems. How do I report this? Do I need to open a fault and provide a PING output or can I just state the issue?

Thanks,

David.

Personally, I would ring BT and get a fault raised for it, because the more tickets they have in the system about this fault, the more internal pressure there will be to resolve it quickly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 197 of 260

Hmmmn I am still getting a small packet loss from above.net, also there has been no word from BT on the issues!

I will monitor the connection but its still an issue that has not been resolved and it will occur again at peak network trafffic time tonight I am sure!

My Broadband Ping - infinity 2 2300
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 198 of 260

Can we have an update StuartH?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 199 of 260

I raised the fault with BT yesterday, once I could finally get on to the bt.custhelp.com site at around 11:30PM!  Also, there seem to be so many separate posts and threads that relate to the same problem on this forum, so I gave a link to just a few of them so they can read-up on the issue and see that it not an isolated incident:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/You-were-disconnected-from-EA-Online/td-p/654158
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Major-Packet-Loss/td-p/652172
http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Website-Connectivity-Issues/td-p/655330

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 200 of 260

I've raised this too, using the same 3 links as examples.

David.

0 Ratings