cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 201 of 260

Re: Major Packet Loss

nothing can be done now until about 8pm today - if it works then we should be ok - if not then the problem (as i suspect) will not have been fixed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 202 of 260

Hi all

Sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused and thanks for the information you’ve given on this thread. Our support teams are working with a third party to resolve the problem and we will update you all once we have more details.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 203 of 260

Hello Craigs

Do you expect the problem to solved today?

The 3rd party is above.net?

Craig, please explain why this packet loss problem is not on the service status, this is a major issue yet BT try to hide the problem, it certainly looks like that anyway, damaged cables etc has sod all to do with packet loss (This was written before the service status page updated).

Instead of the usual generic sorry messages, how about you be honest with your customers.

If you kept your customers in the loop, ppl would understand, yet BT do the complete opposite, why is that?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 204 of 260

The issue is now on the Service Status page: http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 205 of 260

At last, though there are also a couple UK sites not just US that have problems too BT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 206 of 260

Yes, also involves some UK sites, for instance those hosted by 34sp.com.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 207 of 260

I'm so saded by my experience with BT technical support.

The lady wasn't listening, kept saying "ok fine! fine!", asking me to spell words like "trace route"

She was just very rude and impatient, unwilling to help and dismissive of any problems. Saying things like "it's a problem at your exchange, we'll raise it with an enginer in your area." arghhhhh!

Please BT, employ staff you can train and have the ability to quality control.

I thought things had improved with BT which is why I came back after 8 years of being with better providers. Came back to BT mainly for FTTC. I was too hopeful.

This hasn't been the first issue I've had of major packet loss with a 3rd party provider of BT's. Using a VPN has alway routed around the issue, but it isn't something I should need to do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 208 of 260

At least its offical now and some people do listen (thanks Kelly) just a shame bt made it so hard to report a obivous problem, I think bt infinity needs a service/helpdesk that are uk based and can take ownership of infinity issues as we pay for a premium service and dont expect to be left in the dark for 5 days... 

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/09/bt_peering_trouble_prevents_some_customers_from_accessing_ce...

BT Infinity customers have been complaining about peering issues that have prevented some of them from accessing popular websites for nearly five days.

And now, after some haranguing, the national telco has said sorry for the service disruptions its punters have been moaning about.

BT said in a statement to The Register:

We are aware that some customers are having trouble accessing some websites and online services. This is due to an issue with a peering network beyond BT’s service boundary. Our support team is working with a third party to resolve the issue asap. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

A number of readers got in touch to tell us that they were struggling with BT's service due to a "major packet loss".

The company's customer forums were also full of posts about the problem, which some claimed originated from overseas traffic going through Zayo-owned AboveNet in the US.

El Reg understands that BT is not the only telco affected by the peering problems.

We've asked AboveNet for a statement and we'll update the story if the company returns our call

It's taken a month for BT to fix the link they had to Europe, their backup link had terrible packet loss. after the main undersea cable was cut.

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/World-of-Tanks-connection-issues/td-p/627086

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 209 of 260

I'm glad The Register has picked this up.

Theres more chance something will get done with some press on the case.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 210 of 260

@letssurf
OMG LOL spelling "trace route"
Thats just annoying,

BT's response has been too slow, my whatsapp is really slow.
A few sites are a little faster, but a few sites are still loading slowly.

EDIT; Never mind, most sites that were slow are slow.

Must be during peak hours.

BT HURRY UP PLEASE

0 Ratings