cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XlordB
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Major complaint.

I have been with bt infinity 2 for nearly a year.. I just recently had a house move and had set up online the move with bt so it would go smoothly... How wrong was I.

My bt connection and broadband was meant to be up and running with an engineer visit on the 31 of january. upon receiveing multiple bt texts assuring me everything would be ready and the engineer would turn up around 1pm - 6pm.. there was no show about an hour and a half to go till 6pm i called bt to find out if the enginner would be here.. I was told that "there was work done at the cabinet" and that an engineer would be with me shortly allow upto 6pm for him to turn up.

Well he did not turn up so i called again at 6 and got through to a support agent then telling me that the work had been done outside and no home visit was needed even though a home visit WAS needed so I ended up talking with this agent and going around in circles for about 10 mins explaining why an engineer should have turned up only to be told that if an engineer was to come to the house id have to pay £100 for the fee of the engineer. Now I myself know the terms about that fee and its usually only when the wiring in your house (past the master socket) causes a problem with the internet. SO understandably I was upset and ended up having to put down the phone.

At this point I had not checked to see if the connection in the master socket had actually been connected. So i tested the master socket and surprise to me there was NO SIGNAL. So the next morning I call up again explaining the issue and that I had no signal at all. The agent I spoke to apologised and said something about giving me £20 good will etc and then booked another engineer for friday.. two days later.. So on friday I wait from 8am to 12am and start to get agitated as no show yet, I call up again and I am "ASSURED" that the engineer is booked for friday and will definitley turn up. 1pm passes NO SHOW.. I call again next agent says to me that openreach said something about an account amendment on thursday which she checked and could not find. I was then told an engineer had been rescheduled for monday.. as you can guess my patience was already at boiling point.. Anyway i was told after monday i would be called today to sort out a proper good wil gesture ETC ETC. Engineer turns up on monday does the work accidentally drills into one of my electric cables, jerry rigs the cable with crimps and tapes it up finishes the work etc and leaves.. fair enough accidents happen however TODAY NO CALLBACK NO APOLOGY ....NOTHING... I called up bt about an hour ago to get some agent trying to fob me off with only one £10 gesture....understandably I am FURIOUS. I did not accept this and was told again there would be a callback tomorrow.. 

now I dont know about anyone reading this but me personally I cannot understand ANY business treating a paying customer like this regardless of whos to blame I just find it extremley unnaceptable for every agent I called to have a different story about the one house move order.. to then not even be called back apologised to or nothing and me CONSTANTLY having to chase this up is utterly disrespectful.  I logged a complaint via the email service and this forum post started just after that. I am considering going through the ombudsman to complain if i get nowhere from bt.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
PaddyB
Message 2 of 4

Re: Major complaint.

Hi @XlordB,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order. I'd like to take a look at what is happening with your order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
XlordB
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

will do thanks.

0 Ratings
XlordB
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

TO be honmest i would have come to the forums initially to get this sorted but since ive had no broadband or phone line for more than two weeks ive been unable to go through this way.. which is why im so fuming about the agents on the phone telling me allsorts of different stories. 

0 Ratings