Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: Major drop in broadband speed

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
1988 Kbps

0 Kbps 4000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1988 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1200-4000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3352 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 816 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 2.94:16.64:80.44 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
675 Kbps

0 Kbps 816 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 675 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 816 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

looking at the btspeedtester your profile is correct for your speed and the throughput/download at 1988 seems ok for a weekend with others using the net.

have you had a reset in last 24hrs which corrected your profile?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

Well running speedtest at 5pm I am now recieving 0.70 mbps which is heavily under the speeds that I was getting. I had not asked for them to reset my settings or anything and it is stable.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

what about btspeedtester so you can compare with previous figures?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 19

This is uncanny, I live in Maidenhead (same code 01628) and have had exactly the same problems as dav reports. My connection has been great since I signed up; however in the last few days it has fallen away for no reason. Your stats are almost exactly the same as mine as well. Maybe the Maidenhead area is experiencing some problems with their servers? I wonder if they are aware of this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 19

Heres my BT speed test results for tonight and there pretty dreadfull.

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
347 Kbps

0 Kbps 4000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 347 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1200-4000 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3064 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 816 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 24.74:28.78:46.68 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
665 Kbps

0 Kbps 816 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 665 Kbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 816 Kbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

your speed is slightly lower than before but profile still the same.  your throughput/download is really low compared to last time.  did you contact the mods?  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Yeh I have had a response they emailed me to say they tried calling me but unfortunatly I was at work. They did say that they had tried a few things that may have fixed it but unfortunatly the speed is still very low. Thanks for your help so far.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

can you post new stats and also btspeedtester results to see if any difference

0 Ratings