Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Major help needed.

Go to solution

Sorry this is a foreign language to me. It's a socket in the wall that's fibre. Thats wher the router is connected to

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Does it look like this. fibre SSFP.jpgLJU_front.jpg

Or like this

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JoeP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Master socket is second one, the extension is the first.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Was it an engineer install?  If so is it possible the engineer swapped the sockets so the socket you are using is now actually the master socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JoeP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Basically it was a sub-contractor ordered by but not bt branded.

I don't think he changed the master socket, he asked me which one i wanted the new socket in and the kitchen was more convinient. He was in and out within 15 minutes and he didn't do anything to the master socket.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

That could be your problem. If it had been an openreach engineer then he would have swapped the sockets about 

i would try try the other socket and see if connection improves

0 Ratings
JoeP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution
ok mate cheers.
0 Ratings