cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 207

Re: Major problem with BT Internet web hosting

10 minutes after adding my last thread (previous page), the status for my message now shows Resolved

However, I still have the same issues.

I am seriously getting fed-up with BT and the constant issues. The broadband used to be a fantastic service but I am seriously thinking if it is worth all this hassle, just so I can have my web site hosted advert free.

I wonder what the competetion's service is like?

0 Ratings
Responder
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 207

*sighs*

Now, 10 mins after my thread above. Service Status NOW adds the Email and Host issue timed 2pm GMT. I assume GMT unless BT have a 1hr delay on fault reporting. thus:

Email and Hosting

Ongoing Temporary Mail Server Problem

We are investigating a problem with our mail servers which may be giving you difficulty connecting or slow response.
Our engineers expect to restore normal service soon. 

We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Again, it doesn't show anything regarding ftp or the web host server.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 13 of 207

Hi guys,

Sorry for the problems you're having with web hosting, could you drop me an email with your forum username (or a link to this thread) and your account and hosting details, so we can take a closer look at this and see what's going on?

Click on my username to get our email address (it's under "about me").

Many thanks,

Stephanie

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
allanraymond
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 207

I have had exactly the same problem since yesterday (29/09/2010). I've had my web site at btinternet.com for about 10 years and first time I can recollect having this problem.

Allan
0 Ratings
Jon00
Message 15 of 207

Exactly the same problem here too. FTP upload fails and btinternet.com domain comes and goes. It's been like this since yesterday (29/09).

0 Ratings
rich1608
Contributor
Message 16 of 207

Yes the btinternet.com domain is up and down like a yoyo at present. BT had better get their act together over this and sharpish too.

0 Ratings
rich1608
Contributor
Message 17 of 207

The problem is STILL THERE this morning!!! How much longer are BT going to take to sort this out??? Furthermore, why has no-one from BT said anything about it? None of the faults on the status page relate to this problem.

0 Ratings
seamaid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 207

At last I have found somewhere about this problem as I am having the same problems with my site hosting and it has been on and off for the past three days.  My site has been hosted by bt since 1995 and I pay for a dial up service that I have not used in years just to have the hosting service as it is quite high up on google so I didn;t want to have to change it.  Is there anywhere on BT's site (or the net even) that tells about this problem (indeed if they are even aware about it) and what they are doing to fix it? 

Will keep following here to see if anyone leaves any information.

0 Ratings
rich1608
Contributor
Message 19 of 207

Re: Major problem with BT Internet web hosting - UPDATE

Just had a phone call from a BT engineer after I made a complaint about this problem.

Yes, BT are aware of it. They thought it was related to an internet access fault and that by fixing this fault, the ftp server problem would also be rectified. They acknowledge this hasn't happened and have got their 'design team' looking into why the ftp server is still at fault. The guy said he would get back to me either today, or Monday. Originally the fault wasn't a priority but now is so all we can do is keep monitoring and hopefully this will be fixed soon.

0 Ratings
seamaid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 207

Re: Major problem with BT Internet web hosting - UPDATE

Thank you Rich {smile}  At least I know that they are aware of it and hopefully will get it sorted out soon! I did also email the moderator as per the request in her post with my site details. {smile}

kind regards

seamaid

0 Ratings