cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_crocker
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Make your fora work on Internet Explorer 9!!!

A big suggestion ... Make your fora work on Internet Explorer 9!!!

I have just upgraded and am now unable to post messages... sometimes it works and sometimes it posts blank messages. I also get a lot of occurances of "You will loose all your data if you leave this page" popups occuring

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: Make your fora work on Internet Explorer 9!!!

Hi john_crocker

Sorry you are having problems.  I have raised this with our tech guys and will update you when I know more.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

I am using IE9 and found I had to change to compatibility view and the forum then works fine

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you know that the issue with IE9 is still being worked on.  The browser is not yet fully supported by our software supplier, but they are currently working on this and it will be fixed in the coming weeks.

As imjolly suggests, please try using IE9 in compatibility mode, or alternatively use an earlier version of IE, or another browser.

I'll let you know when this is resolved.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

0 Ratings
Montala
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Hi,

I have also experienced similar problems (i.e. a blank posting!) so am just trying out compatibility mode to see if it works!

Actually, I think it does, but a permanent 'fix' would be good!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
IanB
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Wonder if that explains why my other post didn't show up, all about VOIP too?

Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wizkid
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

My bt.com account does not work correctly under IE 9 either. 

0 Ratings
Wizard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I posted about this back in January:

http://community.bt.com/t5/Forum-Guidance-Ideas/Forum-ate-posts-from-IE9-Beta/td-p/100377

It's disappointing that they've made no progress in getting it working even though IE9 was publicly available for so long.

IE9 doesn't work properly with the help section on BT.com either - when you click through the steps of the wizard, the items in the new columns stop rendering after they've been up for a split second. You can still blindly click on things though.

How can it possibly take several months to work out what the problem is?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi Guys

I just wanted to give you an update on this IE9 and forums issue and let you know it will be fixed in a couple of weeks time.  Ill post again when it's been done.

Thanks for the feedback about the different sections on bt.com - i've fed this back to the team.

Thx

Kerry

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

That's good to hear, as I've been looking at IE9, though Firefox4.0.1 is still my browser of choice.

Will the updates make these thriving forums compatible with IE10?

(or is it too soon to ask thisSmiley Very Happy?)

IE10.PNG

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings