Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Making the switch

Go to solution

Hi posted on here the other day but reading my post it is a little confusing ![sorry that's me] Will be taking up Youview and ditching Sky soon, but I do have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

At the moment I am on bb opt2 looking at my average use [bt bb monitor] is around 16 gb per Month, with the exception of this Month showing 43gb ![shock]. This was due to PS3 downloading games etc can't see me using this amount of data every Month? But as everything seems to be aimed at downloading now who knows.

Been with Sky for many years but money being a bit tight looking to save a bit on TV side of things and poss' up my bb to unlimited . Another thing to think about is Films , I do sub to Movie package so how does the BT film compare? am I best going for the 12.50 package or just 5.00 and going down the Lovefilm route, although I am sure BT Youview will have a Lovefilm app' soon.

Is the system easy to use? [pause/rewind/record] , Lastly because of where I live I only get about 20 Freeview stations as we are on a relay from main transmitter,Film 4 for one all main ones are there + HD. Sorry for the long post ! I often thought about BTVision but lack of HD put me off now things have changed, been with BT bb for many years and they have always been first rate. Many Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pix4ie
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Making the switch

Go to solution

you could subscribe to now tv which is sky movies which is free for the first month then 8.99 for a couple of months then it goes up to 15.00 a month but you get to use it on 2 devices which could be the youview box and an xbox or iphone etc im hoping netflix gets on youview soon

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Yes have thought about that but think Lovefilm gives me more choice. Are you on BT full tv package? is it good value what kind of Film content is on that. Many Thanks

pix4ie
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

yeah im on the full package only had it a fortnight but so far very pleased with and excited about the new stuff to come in 2013 with the linear channels and on demand content from those channels ive watched a few film though most of them seem to be on now tv its just a pity now tv on youview doesnt give you the live channnels like it does on the xbox etc

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
OK Many Thanks for all that will be looking into it further, see what deal i can get from BT.
0 Ratings
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Just ordered full package thanks for the info.
0 Ratings