Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobB
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Malicious email circulating!!!!

Hello,

Just a heads up, That there is a UNOFFICIAL email being sent to Btyahoo email box's

Email body:

Dear BT Internet Email User,

We are updating the account of all our email users due to upgrades of our system. You should click on the link below and login your Username(Account name) and Password in order to update your account.

If you do not click on the above link to login your BT Internet (Email Address) and Password, we might suspend your account and you will have to call us in order for your account to be opened.

Thank you for using Bt Internet Service

Email Administrator
BT Internet

©2011 BT Internet Services. All rights reserved.
I trust I am correct,
Thank you!
JacobB

JacobB
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
chainsawdude
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Malicious email circulating!!!!

Does anyone ever fall for this type of thing these days? this type of scam is as old as the internet itself, surely noone is that stupid in this day and age?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@JacobB wrote:

Hello,

Just a heads up, That there is a UNOFFICIAL email being sent to Btyahoo email box's

Hi.

Frankly there are many of these sent on a daily basis to users of all ISPs for phishing attempts to gain bank, building society, email and ISP (and a vast array of other accesses) user details.

This particular email is not necessarily sent to all BTYahoo users, since the scammer will only have a subset of email addresses.

Please can you go back and alter your post to remove the link, since it has not yet been picked up by browser recognised forgery systems (at the time of my posting).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JacobB
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Yes unfortunately some people do fall for it! These emails get more realistic. Advice Is check email..Sony had the problem of emails being stolen on there playstation network breach and warned All users to watch out. So BT you NEED to check for Any data breaches!!! My email got used and interested to now if Anyone else got email the same as this!

Thanks

JacobB
JacobB
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@chainsawdude wrote:

Does anyone ever fall for this type of thing these days? this type of scam is as old as the internet itself, surely noone is that stupid in this day and age?

I think a look at the average facebook feed will prove there are still plenty of numpties who shouldn't be allowed within 3 miles of a computer

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@JacobB wrote:
Hello,

When I pop along to the btyahoo email inbox in 6 months time, I will put it in the spam box with all the other c**pSmiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings