cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 8

Marketing letters for existing cutomers

I had a marketing letter from BT this morning along I presume with many others, asking me to switch to BT for great offers on Broadband etc.

I have been an existing customer for 4 years so none of the offers will apply to me.

Why Oh why are they wasting existing customers money sending out marketing leaflets to us.

7 REPLIES 7
Ook
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Marketing letters for existing cutomers

Personal opionion is to annoy and anger customers.

As come your renewal time the offers you get will be nowhere near the level of the marketing letters and then excuses over the matter.

StewM
Guru
Message 3 of 8

Patty-L - agreed. I get marketing e-mails for Plusnet, Infinity, Smarttalk. If they checked their records they should know I am a BT Customer with Infinity using smarttalk.

0 Ratings
helengl
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

We have been customers of BT for years and have had BT broadband for years but I keep getting marketing letters from BT for broadband.  Today I got another one so I tried to phone them to tell them to stop sending me these letters.  Their phone system does not have an option for this or for complaints, the nearest I got was nuisance phone calls!  I got through to them and they transferred me to customer services.  After holding on for 15 minutes I gave up.  I then tried to send them an e-mail, but again you have to choose a category - even under "complaints" they want you to be specific and I couldn't find a category that fitted.  There is no way you can just send an e-mail or phone them asking them to stop writing to you.  It's ridiculous for such a large company (especially a communications provider) to be so difficult to contact and talk to!!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

0 Ratings
manualoverride
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Unfortunately that link does not include a phone number for postal marketing, the only way to unsubscribe from postal is to send them a letter I believe. I have sent them the following web help request, I will post back if its successful:

I would like you to remove my address from all BT broadband BT Sport, BT TV etc. marketing mails. ALL BT companies, sub companies, sister companies, everyone.
I do not want to buy any of it.
The last time I phoned I was told I can't unsubscribe from postal marketing by phone. I have decided that is your problem to resolve and not mine; please unsubscribe me.
Thank you.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Have you registerd with Mail Preference Service. I don't know how effective it will be but worth a try.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

@gg30340 wrote:

Have you registerd with Mail Preference Service. I don't know how effective it will be but worth a try.

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

Trouble is if you have had dealin gs with a company then you have to contact them direct::

You can expect to continue to receive mailings from companies with whom you have done business in the past. You may also receive mailings from small, local companies. If you wish these mailings to be stopped, you must notify these companies directly.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings