Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 81 of 108

Re: Massive drop in download speed at peak times

Go to solution

Yep, since 21:00 my download speed has also dropped back to that same range (between 5 and 9mbps)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 82 of 108

Go to solution

I'm seeing similar here: stayed up at 30+Mbps until approximately 9pm and is now down at 3.5Mbps.

Best regards,

Barney.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 108

Go to solution

My download speed is back up to 34mbps. It's certainly been better this evening in general, but there was a period of around 2hrs between 21:00 and 23:00 when we were back to where we had been.

Not really sure what to make of it.

FoggyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 84 of 108

Go to solution

Fascinating. Mines back up to 36 too.

Wonder if they increased the bandwidth avaialble but still not enough and 9-11pm is the busiest period so we're still seeing a drop off.

We'll see how it goes but I'm going to leave my complaint in place as 25% of the speed isn't enough even if it is "only" for a couple of hours in the evening.

If there is still a capacity issue in exchange, won't take many new customers to kill it again if it is still struggling 9-11pm.

Tom

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 85 of 108

Go to solution
In the past when they have added more exchange capacity, they then go through a period of balancing across the gateways before it works for everyone 24*7.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 86 of 108

Go to solution

@oliver-munn wrote:
In the past when they have added more exchange capacity, they then go through a period of balancing across the gateways before it works for everyone 24*7.

Balancing always has to be done hopefully it will be completed by Saturday. There's no reason why not.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 87 of 108

Go to solution

I had a call from the BT Twitter team yesterday afternoon with a quick update. They said the work to resolve the problem had been completed on Thursday but that there had been an issue between 9PM and 11PM on Thursday evening. That should have been resolved and they were hopeful that I'd see good performance from now on. I think that tallies with the results that a few of us have seen.

I was out most of last night but managed to run a test at 11:35 which returned excellent results. Was anyone else able to check speeds throughout the evening? I'm cautiously optimistic...

Best regards,

Barney.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 108

Go to solution

Hi All,

Ariived back in bath yesterday , everything was fine..... till now.

Currently getting download speeds between 1.2mbps and 8.5mbps.

Anyone else experiencing the same things?

Best,

Naresh

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 108

Go to solution

@BarneyG@arfogg , @thomasmirf if you guys are able to run a speed test that would be great. As the probably was previously confined to weekends and evenings.

Thanks.

Naresh

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 90 of 108

Go to solution

Hi @MayasDad,

All is looking good at this end at the moment: I just ran a speedtest and am seeing approximately 31Mbps download speed (and that's whilst I'm streaming the rugby on BT Sport and my other half is watching something on iPlayer).

Hopefully you can get to the bottom of the issue quickly.

Best regards,

Barney.

0 Ratings