cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jparnell82
Expert
Message 1 of 14

Massive speed drop on Infinity 2 since asking to re-contract. Really angry

A couple of weeks ago i asked BT if i contracted Infinity 2 again for another 12 months if i could have a price reduction. The agent agreed and i was re-contracted for another 12 months.

The order completed on Monday and my speed has now dropped from a very reliable ~60Mbps to 3.5Mbps.

The hub shows it rebooted around the time the order completed.

(108141.890000) PPPoA is up -​ VPI: 0, VCI: 38 Down Rate=3712Kbps, Up Rate=448Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.8dB, Up=12.0dB

There is no change to the physical line or hub etc. The online diagnostic tool tells me my speed is good!!

Please can someone help. I would never have done anything if i knew this would happen.

James

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Massive speed drop on Infinity 2 since asking to re-contract. Really angry

You appear to be on an adsl service not infinity
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Definitely an ADSL service. Looks like they've recontracted you away from Infinity.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 4 of 14

Thats just brilliant. Thanks BT for being so incompetent. Wish i had never bothered now and just moved my service elsewhere. They also managed to remove the unlimited evening phone calls which means i have been paying for the calls i've been making in the evening 😞

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 5 of 14

Hi @jparnell82,

This really isn't good. We need to get you changed back over to BT Infinity, correct your call package and check your next bill for any charges you shouldn't have been billed for. You can either do this with someone over the phone or you can get in touch with my team. You can do that by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods. It will take us a few days to pick it up though.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 6 of 14

What is the best number to phone at BT for this and which department should i speak to?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Contact DanielS as requested, that is your best option.

jparnell82
Expert
Message 8 of 14

Tried phoning but gave up after speaking to two different people about this problem.

Cancellation department says package is ok. Passed to faults. Faults say they can see i have wrong product on my line but cant change it so passed me to different department for which i gave up waiting to answer.

I have logged the issue with the moderators.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 14

@jparnell82 Sorry about that, I can see your details are in our queue now and we'll get back to your in the next day or two. 

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Expert
Message 10 of 14

Will someone get back to me this weekend about this? Apart from the internet being really slow, I cant stream NetFlix or Amazon Prime and i cant watch any of the BT TV channels at the moment.

0 Ratings