cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Master Socket Faceplate Query

Go to solution

Hi all, I`ve got an old BT Master Socket in our kitchen (god knows why its in there) but have discovered there`s a chance that the faceplate is faulty after Sky did some testing on my broadband. I ordered a new Mastersocket (just for the faceplate) but have discovered the faceplate that arrived isnt exactly the same as mine. Its missing the extra bits for wiring part of my extension cable in. As my pc`s and xbox are upstairs in the back bedroom, the easiest way of getting connectivity up there was to run a wired extension (not one that plugs into the phone outlet, but one that requires taking the faceplate off and kroning it in). Unfortunately I dont know where I can get a BT Mastersocket faceplate that contains the extra 3 or 4 connections for me to krone the extension wires into.

If anyone can offer some tips/advice I`d be incredibly grateful.

Regards

Alan

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Master Socket Faceplate Query

Go to solution

All I can do is point you to a well respected help site, where you should be able to find the information you need.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/btsockets.htm

As your Broadband provider is Sky, it may be worth looking on their forum for advice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Cheers Keith, following that top link I`ve found my faceplate is pre-2007 and has the missing connections I need. I`ll see if I can order one. Thanks for your very speedy and helpful advice. You`re a gentleman and a scholar!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You actually only need to connect pins 2 and 5, as pin 3 is not needed any more.

I am pleased that you have found the answer.