Go to solution

untitled.JPG

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 39

Re: Master socket fail.

Go to solution
Yes, I managed to access it in the end, the above is the reading I get connected directly to the master socket.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 39

Go to solution

That looks fine. If you leave it like that, the speed should eventually rise to about 8640Kbs.

See Why has my speed dropped  for an explanation.

Look at my suggestions about changing the faceplate. That is your part of the circuit.

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 39

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, but I disagree with the "my part of the circuit" reference. All parts of the circuit were supplied and fitted by BT.

BT upgraded me to newer technology, namely the HH3 which in theory should be a vast improvement over my old Voyager hub, which I never had a problem with in 6 years of use.

Next BT knackered my connection by over throttling it, then insisted on sending out an engineer rather than checking at their end first, who proceeded to change a perfectly good socket leaving me with a knackered one.

In short, I fail to see how I can be held responsible for faulty equipment that was installed by BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 39

Go to solution

That is the way it is.

Anything after the "test" socket belongs to you, including all of the extension wiring.

By all means call BT, they will send an Openreach Technician who will fit a filtered NTE, and will then charge you £99 or £130.

Changing it yourself will cost much less.

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 39

Go to solution
That is one solution, pay for something BT broke! the other is to leave when my contract ends in April. 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 39

Go to solution

I can be no further help. I have explained the facts, its up to you what you choose to do.

By all means ask other forum members.

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 39

Go to solution
That's fine Keith, thank you for your help. It is not your fault that BT are so tight fisted. The only way to send them a message they will understand is to withdraw custom on principle.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 39

Go to solution

@WatchdogTS wrote:
That's fine Keith, thank you for your help. It is not your fault that BT are so tight fisted. The only way to send them a message they will understand is to withdraw custom on principle.

Just bear in mind, if you move to another ISP, that uses ADSL, you are going to get exactly the same problem, as its Openreach that look after the network, and your wiring issue will still be there.

They wont fix it for free either.

My recommendation, is that you sort the problem out yourself,

0 Ratings