Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 39

Re: Master socket fail.

Go to solution

Despite your excellent recommendation, I feel it is not my responsibility to repair and replace faulty equipment, then again if BT would like to send me a socket in place of the duff one they installed, that would be an acceptable solution.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 39

Go to solution

Hi

Just to have my quick say on this one.

In my many years when I worked in the communications industry and getting involved with customers and openreach cabling I have only once known a front plate of an NTE to go faulty, all others issues of slow broadband or no dial tone was due to either the customers wiring or something that is plugged in causing the problem (sky boxes?)

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 39

Go to solution
The supply of the face plate is NOT BT's responsibility as you have been already advised the face plate is supplied by Openreach
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 39

Go to solution

No Sky box or anything other than phones are connected to the line. My old Voyager router worked OK, it seems to be an issue with the new HH3, it does not like extensions. The connection works fine with the face plate removed. Which makes me wonder, is it worth replacing the face plate at all. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 39

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
The supply of the face plate is NOT BT's responsibility as you have been already advised the face plate is supplied by Openreach

You won't like this John, the same bloke who supplied the master socket, supplied the face plate as well, he fitted them both at the same time.

I am not even sure if you can buy a face plate without the socket to go with it. Its like one side is no good without the other. 😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 39

Go to solution
yes you can readily purchase a face plate without the socket just do a search on line for filtered adsl face plates
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 39

Go to solution
I am not going to purchase one, anyway mine is the old box style, not the new ADSL with built in filter type, which I suspect is why you can buy that type seperately.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 39

Go to solution

All types can be bought on that Internet auction site, but I would not waste your money.

Find out what is causing the issue with your cabling, or any sockets no longer required just disconnect them off the front plate.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 39

Go to solution
if you have a test socket then it will fit they are standard items still your choice I know i would not be paying 100 approx for something i could do my self in a few minutes
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 39

Go to solution

@Devon_Dave wrote:

All types can be bought on that Internet auction site, but I would not waste your money.

Find out what is causing the issue with your cabling, or any sockets no longer required just disconnect them off the front plate.

Well my Broadband worked for 9 months with the extensions in place. I suppose the way to check the face plate is to remove the extensions. If it works without the extensions in place, then it is a blerdy over sensitive hub. If it does not connect at all, the face plate is knackered.

0 Ratings