Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 39

Re: Master socket fail.

Go to solution
Its the wiring that is causing the problem, not connected very well. The face plate works without the extensions, the problem as I see it is, the connectors on the face plate are p155 poor. They need to be more robust to create a better connection.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 39

Go to solution
you can easily remake the connections using an IDC tool that should solve your problem
0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 39

Go to solution

I need one of those, do B&Q or Homebase sell them or is that something I need to buy online.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 39

Go to solution
as far as i know yes they do just make a note of which cable goes to which terminal
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 39

Go to solution

@WatchdogTS wrote:
Its the wiring that is causing the problem, not connected very well. The face plate works without the extensions, the problem as I see it is, the connectors on the face plate are p155 poor. They need to be more robust to create a better connection.

Yep, just what I said.

You can get the tools from large DIY chains however they are made of plastic and only last for a few wire insertions, I have seen the tool in places like Tool Station and screwfix, about £15

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 39

Go to solution
Well we got there in the end, as Sherlock would say, when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth or solution in this case.
0 Ratings
John55810uk
Contributor
Message 37 of 39

Go to solution

I'd suggest a search on Amazon for "

KRONE Type IDC Punch Down Tool Telephone/Cat5 Insertion"

These work well for years and can be found for around £1.85

0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 39

Go to solution

I got a fancy one on ebay, just got to set up a company now to rival Openreach. I will charge only 50 quid to undo 2 screws and fit 3 wires to a faceplate, a saving of 80 quid. Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 39

Go to solution

thumbs up smiley.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings