cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weirdwizard
Expert
Message 1 of 12

Master socket

I have no phone that will work yet BT says that there is no trouble so used the next and dismantled the master socket put plug into test socket ok got phone but no broadband, so now waiting for the engineer to ring.  Is there another way of doing this, rang home number and it says that I am busy Sometimes I get the noise that the phone handpiece is not down correctly yet checked both phones and they are So any help please

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
weirdwizard
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Master socket

had  bt ring back because theur is no problem with the phone when using test socket aqnd the broandband goes down.  So they cannot do anything it is the broadband yet broadband sys because I can get broadband and their is no fault it is not there problem so canyone help

0 Ratings
weirdwizard
Expert
Message 3 of 12

how do i connect to mods

having problem with master socket cannot get phone call without using test socket yet broadband goes down yet when I screw in master broadband is ok and no phone  can anyone help me

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 12

Re: how do i connect to mods

Hi Weirdwizard,

I'll be able to help you with this. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Connect it up like this and see if you get both phone and broadband.

Image1.jpg

weirdwizard
Expert
Message 6 of 12

yes I do but no extension phone that is what I am working with at the moment, why did the BT support tell me to do this?

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

BT are only responsible for wiring up to the master socket.  If everything works OK at the test socket, but not on an extension, then that's your problem to fix.  You could call out Openreach, but they would charge you a £130 call-out fee.

0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

dreamer,

you are correct, double posting the same problem leads to confusion. I have merged the two posts but unfortunately it has put them a bit out of order.

0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

Gg30340
Ta
It is in the correct order time wise.
0 Ratings