cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sambo91
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Master socket

Hello i just joined BT but my master socket is located somewhere else from the living room how can i move this to the living room for beter setup i have socket in living room but somehow not connecting to broadband plsssss help
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Master socket

Good Morning @Sambo91

The Socket you refer to belongs to Openreach so you can't move it, but there are other ways. 

What does the socket look like? 

A, B, C, D?A, B, C, D?

Then we can help you with how to gain access to it. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Sambo91
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Ohhh thank ok looks like A
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

so your master socket looks like A so you are using a filter?

do you have a filter in the socket you are trying to use?  does the phone work in this socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sambo91
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Sorry i meant my master socket looks like B but located in kids bedroom the one in living room looks like A when i set it up in kids bedroom its works but not when set it up in living room with A socket
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

sorry but to clarify as you should not have 2 master sockets

does the master that works in kids room have 2 sockets - 1 for phone and one for dsl/broadband?

does does downstairs have a split from face and bottom half comes off?  is there a dial tone at this socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
-Richie-
Guru
Message 7 of 9

You can request a socket move, I believe the cost is £130 and Openreach will come out and move it for you.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

you can also get a local telecom person to do the move far cheaper and they are probably ex openreach

CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@-Richie-wrote:

You can request a socket move, I believe the cost is £130 and Openreach will come out and move it for you.

As suggested you can get an Telecoms engineer to do it far cheaper. 

But whatever you do DON'T get an electrician to do it, unless they use the proper cable 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings