cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Max Atainable rate?

Go to solution

Quick question before open reach arrive on Tuesday. My modem shows a max rate of 73mb but my speed is just 44mb, the question is - is the max rate actually a realistic value, and if not what rate should I be aiming for?

Thanks

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 22

Re: Max Atainable rate?

Go to solution
It's realistic on a clean line.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution
Thanks, and a clean line would be the cables from my home to the street cabinet being complete with no joints in between?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution
The term line includes your home wiring and the connection between the cabinet and your bt test socket
Clean means both are free of problems
Check your router statistics and post them here to see what the status is with snr and attenuation
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution
This is not correct.

The max attainable has nothing to do with a clean line.

The max rate is based on a snapshot of your line conditions there and then when you load the webpage on your router management page.

It's based on a 6db noise margin with no DLM interventions. If yours is 73 meg but you're in sync at 44meg I suspect your line is banded because you've have a dropping connection or a large number of errors over a period of time.

Can you post your connection stats from the home hub?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution
@WooHoo2002 what does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ say?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

image.jpeg

here is a recent snapshot. Im not using the HH5 as its wireless is **bleep**. Everywhere I look I'm getting different speeds and answers?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution
Deal checker changes almost daily. At the moment it's showing:
Range A high of 61.5 and low of 46.1
Range B high of 46.4 and low of 25.6
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution
Is that the Asus AC68U? I've read its modem is unstable with high error counts resulting in DLM applying high interleaving levels.

Your line isn't banded as evident by the arbitrary sync rate.

The max attainable tends to be misreported with Asus routers. What does your HH5 state?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Really?  HH5 is tucked away. Will have to fish it out and retry with it. Either that I reconnect t the outreach modem and use the Asus in router mode only?

0 Ratings