cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Maximum number of SIM cards that you're allowed

It seems like there is a limit of five SIMs per account?  Is there any way around this?  I only need five, in fact, but to cut a long story short one of the SIMs I've ordered is part of an open order that needs to be cancelled but may take some time to resolve.  In the meantime, I'm unable to order another SIM... when I try the process stops with the message "Sorry, but we're unable to complete your order because you've already got the maximum number of SIM cards that you're allowed".

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Maximum number of SIM cards that you're allowed

There wouldn't be a way around in the meaning of having more than 5 on the one account, however you could set up a new account and take one on that (granted it will mean 2 DD's and 2 account numbers) however once the issue is sorted on the first account, the sim by itself can be merged onto your existing account... so a workaround of sorts? Be aware if you set up a new account with your details, it may flag up that you're trying to get around the limit and stop it, but if you have a partner/relative happy to have their details on it (including the credit check) it can be paid with the same bank account ? May be an option
0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Maximum number of SIM cards that you're allowed

It turns out that there is some gremlin in my main account that is still preventing me from ordering a fifth SIM (to which I should be entitled), despite speaking to many many different BT agents and spending MANY hours online and on the phone trying to sort this out.  Quite why someone in BT cannot fix their own system, to unblock whatever is causing this blockage, is beyond me.

Anyway, this is actually the way they themselves have suggested to proceed!  i.e. place an order for a fifth SIM as if I was not a BT customer, thereby creating a new account (at the same address)... then they can amend the order to apply the discount to which I'm entitled as a broadband customer.

Bizarre.  Truly.

0 Ratings