cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northstar
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Maximum of 30 days in advance to terminate contract

Can someone at BT explain why it's not possible to give more than 30 days notice to terminate my phone line.

I tried to give 2 months notice today as I will be away on holiday in a months time and don't want to forget to do it and get landed with another months bill.

I was told to ring back 30 days before I want to cease the line. (HOLIDAY TIME )

Also I would like to know where I can find my contract with BT so I can look to see what the contract says. I have looked on My BT and couldn't see it.

I cant believe it says that you can't give more than 30 days to cease a line.

The BT person that answered the phone said that the system wouldn't allow her to do it more than 30 days in advance.

This is not helpful.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Maximum of 30 days in advance to terminate contract

this is a community forum where customers help customers and only Bt employees are the forum mods

have you tried the online chat and see if they can help you 

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
northstar
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Maximum of 30 days in advance to terminate contract

Thanks I just did that and they gave me an e-mail address to contact them at residential.billing@bt.com

0 Ratings