cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

McAfee BT Virus Protect custom scan problem

Went to run a custom scan on a drive only to find the option has gone!

Navigation/scan your PC says quick - full - custom options but on clickiing only quick & full appears, no custom!

Is this a known problem with the current version.

(running W10 pro/64 v1703)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee BT Virus Protect custom scan problem

Hi @robby2k9 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the virus protect. Have you managed to resolve this? Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing? You might want to take a look through the Virus Protect FAQs for help. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Found that simple custom scan still works directly from windows, but the option on the MacAfee page has gone.

A bit annoying as clicking custom scan on this page recalled my stored scan settings.

MacAfee.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Yes mine's gone as well. I now have the same screen as the one you've screenshot. It's really annoying as if I want to run a fairly full scan but not completely full scan I can't do that easily now.  If you click on Full scan it doesn't say do you want to change the settings it just charges off. There is just that lame "Did you know .... from Windows?..."  what exactly does that mean? Do they mean Windows Explorer? So if I go there how do I set up a meaningful custom scan of a range of folders across my c and d drives and then say, "now scan those"?  And then if I want to repeat that selection at a later date do I have to go back and rebuild it all over again?  Without interfering with my full scan.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Exactly, all the 'run direct from windows' does is allow you to right click a drive, folder or file and select scan.

It takes a lot longer to go round & scan everything that was already set-up in the 'custom scan settings'

I'm pretty sure it must be a bug in the latest update as the wording for custom scan is still there, just not the link to it.

lets hope someone is trying to fix it!

0 Ratings