cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Message rejected for policy reasons

Why am I getting these mail rejections from an email originating from a Gmail account that we use for a small local charity using their own email addresses as the originating email address:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

username@btinternet.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain btinternet.com by mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk. [65.20.0.49].

The error that the other server returned was:
554 Message rejected for policy reasons (1.7.1.5)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Message rejected for policy reasons

Hi Plusmore,

If you take a look at BT Mail - Best practices for Postmasters and senders of bulk mail it will give you some advice for sending bulk emails. If that hasn't helped then you can contact the Postmaster team directly by emailing postmaster@btinternet.com

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Message rejected for policy reasons

The email related to HMRC and I have read that BT are blanket rejecting any emails with HMRC in the message subject - short sighted really as I am the Treasurer for a small charity and regularly send out emals of this nature.

A clear document explaining what is permissable in emails (i.e. a list of "bad" words) would have been helpful. Or simply somewhere to find out what BTs policy is that has been violated.

I wasn't sending bulk mails so the link isn't helpful in the slightest.

0 Ratings