cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: Messed about by BT

Pippincp, no there was no explanation which leads me to believe they don't know what they are talking about. Can anyone on here look into it for me please?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 32

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them. Personally to you by email or phone
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 32

Evening All,

The engineer arrived this morning and activated my broadband service so BT finally followed through on something. My BT vision doesn't currently have any of the sports channels I signed up for so I'm just trying to sort that out at the moment but all-in-all it sounds like I'm having better luck than you guys.

I still havent had it confirmed that the delay to the installation will be noted on my account and I wont get charged for the interim period but I'll have to fight that battle if it comes to it.

Surprisingly the engineer that turned up was informed it would be an upgrade to infinity rather than a new installation so it sounds like the communications are not only external but internal as well.

After the issues I've had I asked around a few friends and came across quite a few horror stories so this seems to be quite a common occurance, needless to say BT wont be on my list for recommendations but then I seriously doubt that will bother them. 

"It Matters......" is BT's Code of Practice apparently, having yet to see this actually put to practice for anyone on this thread it seems to follow BT's ethos of say one thing and do another.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 32

Congrats, I am envious!  Actually, I am getting somewhere too, BT just rang and told me they would call tomorrow to book an appointment for an engineer as it has been confirmed that I definitly can get BT Infinity, so lost a day or two there whilst establishing who in BT is correct!  I just hope the appointment can be made sooner rather than later, but we'll see.  If this call was a result of anyone seeing this thread then I thank you....although on the other hand, rather disappointed that it came to this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 32

It gets better, I've just spent the morning trying to figure out why my VPN connection is slow and after disconnecting all devices apart from my laptop and restarting the router I get the following...

This is on my 26Mb fibre line that was getting the full speed all day yesterday, I've tried different servers as well but this seems to get the fastest speed.

So I'll be ringing BT yet again.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 26 of 32

You should take a look at your IP Profile, that should throw some light on the problem.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 32

Hey john, I use speed test as well. Looks like your connecting to the wron server. Try select one closer to you.
But also remember that within the training periods your line speed will fluctuate greatly.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 32

John, hope your service is now working as you hoped and the speed is settled to something impressive, or at least acceptable. Damien, hope your engineer visit is soon (or has happened) and you too are satisfied. For myself, I am still waiting for my engineer visit. I have been told it will be this thursday, 7th Nov, which is precisely a month since I placed the order. However, despite being assured I would rceeive an email confirming the appointment, no email has arrived.

On the plus side, Robbie (one of the mods) was in touch on Sunday to say he would be my point of contact from here on and he can see that I have an appointment in the system. This is somewhat reassuring, but whether anyone attends is still a matter of some doubt. I am very grateful to Robbie for taking up my case, but as you said Damien, we shoul dnot have to resort to ranting on a public forum for customer service to begin.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 32

I should hopefully have it up and running today.  A bit of a mess but looks like Paddy came through (thanks) and sorted an engineer appointment out which should have been Friday 8th Nov but brought forward to this aft.  I wait with bated breath however.  Will let you know how it goes and thanks again Paddy!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 32

Wow. Sounds like lots of people going through similar stuff when trying to move house.  I've had so many texts from BT telling me that my broadband will be active on such a such date....In fact the other day i recieved 4 text messages: 2 saying that it was ready to use and 2 saying it wouldn't be ready until th 17th nov!!  This is after it repeatedly got pushed back from the 17th Oct.  

Glad the problems are getting sorted out for some of you though.  And it's good to know i'm not the only one who's been lied to and told contradictory things.  I really hope this gets sorted asap as the other housemates need the internet for work.  I just can't understand how when everything seems to be working proeprly there's just little things that stop them delivering the service properly. 

0 Ratings