Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Felicity1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Microsoft Outlook 2010 - account settings for email from BT sub-account

Go to solution

I have just installed Outlook 2010 and am unsure how to configure it to send and receive.  So far I have managed to receive but it will not send.  My BT email is a sub-account.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2010 - account settings for email from BT sub-account

Go to solution

Configure the account manually rather than letting the auto configuration set it up. Server is mail.btinternet.com, username is full xxxx@btinternet.com email address. Incoming port is 995 for POP3 or 993 for IMAP, SSL ticked in either case. Outgoing port is 465, SSL and tick My outgoing server requires authentication.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Outlookstep1.jpg

Outlookstep2.jpg

Outlookstep3.jpg

Outlookstep4.jpg

0 Ratings
Felicity1
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Configure the account manually rather than letting the auto configuration set it up. Server is mail.btinternet.com, username is full xxxx@btinternet.com email address. Incoming port is 995 for POP3 or 993 for IMAP, SSL ticked in either case. Outgoing port is 465, SSL and tick My outgoing server requires authentication.

Thank you for your reply.  I followed the steps you suggested and it did not work.  However, I did a scan of my computer on Windows 10 and it revealed a corrupted file somewhere which was then fixed and now it is all up and running satisfactorily. I used the following: Open Command Prompt as Administrator and then type in: sfc/ scannnow.  Do this multiple times until it comes up with no errors and then reboot.  NB: The space between sfc/ scannow is intentional, not a typo!

0 Ratings
jt30
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I'm encountering the same issue but the instructions don't work for me. The scan mentioned earlier didn't reveal any corrupt files either. Any more suggestions ?

0 Ratings