cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Migrating from IDNET, new to FTTC

Hi there, first post, I'm coming from idnet where i have been very happy on lastly a LLU line. I have been getting speeds on adsl for up to about 7 Mbps

My estimate is 27 Mbps, which is the lowest that anyone seems to get, is there any way I can find out which cabinet I am connected to?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Migrating from IDNET, new to FTTC

Hi and welcome to the forum, pop in your postcode here and it should tell you http://fttc-check.alc.im/ , since your estimate is 27MB it would seem like your are quite far from the cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Whooa, that's really helpful, I've never seen that cabinet, but it's only 2 minutes walk away!

I'll check it out tomorrow. 

I would have hope I may get a better speed than 27, we shall see in 3w!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 9

The estimates are quite conservative to be fair, lots of customers have received higher download speeds.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Just checking does that show the cabinet location or is it just the central location of the postcode, if I zoom in on google maps it just seems to show a house not a cabinet?

0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

bump

0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I've done some more digging, and that link just seems to give me datails of the cabinet, but not the location

0 Ratings
gw12345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

bump I'm asking for the distance from the cabinet, not the number of the cabinet

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

No one can tell you
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings