cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weemax
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Migrating while on BT Basic.

I am going to be moving to a better value company for my phone line and broadband services ASAP. I am currently on BT basic phone and broadband package (£9.95 per month).

I would like to migrate these services to another provider offering a good value phone line & unlimted broadband package. Is this migration likely to be a problem as I currently have a BT Basic landline?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Migrating while on BT Basic.

Its not going to be a problem, but you will not find a provider offering a service at that price.

weemax
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Keith, yes you are correct, I won’t find a provider offering anything for £9.95 per month. I did find a landline with unlimited broadband package, no activation fee on 12 month contract for £20 per month. BT are pricing it around £30 when I contacted them this morning. 

I will ring BT and see what they say. It’s just that I envisaged a problem due to the basic landline, glad to hear that’s not the case. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Remember that prices include line rental and weekend calls.

Customer options on 0800 800 030, are the best people to call, they should give you a better price, and it would save the disruption associated with changing provider.

0 Ratings
weemax
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Well I spoke to 3 different people at BT just now. In the end they weren't too interested in what I had to say. I know they have a job to do & can only say what they are told. They were really only interested in selling me infinity on an 18 month contract for £33 per month. To make my current 4mb broadband unlimited would cost almost £36. I did find out a new provider will sort everything with BT re moving.

Thanks for for the help Keith.

0 Ratings