Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: Migration of bt internet mail from Yahoo

Go to solution

I don't see anything in your post to say it is your personal opinion. While as a customer it may be fair to speculate that BT do not intend to migrate all the accounts but I have not seen or heard anything anywhere to say that is BT policy. The only information I have heard from BT is that the migration is presently on hold.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

@Andy_N wrote: 

There cannot be 2 different suppliers.

There are, and there have been for a long time. Presumably if it was causing BT immense trouble they would have sought to have migrated all accounts by now?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

I don't see anything in your post to say it is your personal opinion. While as a customer it may be fair to speculate that BT do not intend to migrate all the accounts but I have not seen or heard anything anywhere to say that is BT policy. The only information I have heard from BT is that the migration is presently on hold.

Right. How many years does it have to be on hold before we consider the migration to have ended?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

@aoxm84 wrote:

Right. How many years does it have to be on hold before we consider the migration to have ended?

When BT say so.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

When BT say so.

BT don't say anything.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Which means the migration is still on hold.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

I think thats the real issue, 'BT dont say anything'. They often seem remarkable coy about issues which causes an enormous amount of speculation on forums. But hey ho, look where owning up got Volkswagen 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

I agree that by not saying anything it leads people to un-substantiated speculation about what is happening.

The moderators of the forum have stated that the migration is on hold and as soon as they have any update as to when the migration is to resume they will inform the forum.

I take that to mean exactly that. The migration is on hold and will at some as yet un-disclosed time, resume.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

@Rogerdodge51 wrote:

Could someone please explain why my email account hasn't been moved away from Yahoo ? ........ BT have informed me that migration is still underway but is that correct ?

Hi

I too was waiting in anticipation and preparing for the move for some months before I saw a report suggesting it was not to take place. I was hoping to get rid of the spam which, incidentally has reduced since this issue was highlighted in the media.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

I agree that by not saying anything it leads people to un-substantiated speculation about what is happening.

The moderators of the forum have stated that the migration is on hold and as soon as they have any update as to when the migration is to resume they will inform the forum.

I take that to mean exactly that. The migration is on hold and will at some as yet un-disclosed time, resume.

A bit like BT telling everyone that they intend to bring high speed broadband to the remaining 5% (or whatever) of the country!! Trouble is they might intend it but maybe they will never get around to it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings