cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barnish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Migration to BT Infinity keeps failing

On 15th December 2013 I noticed a good offer on topcashback for signing up to BT infinity 1 (40GB, 12 month contract) + calls + TV. The offer was £115.50 cashback and BT were also offering a £100 Sainsburys voucher.

My exisitng phone+fibre+TV service were with Sky so I asked for it to be transferred to BT with a MAC code.

To cut a long story short, the online order failed to be processed correctly and the order was resubmitted several times (initially online and then offline). During this process the product was changed from Infinity-1 to standard broadband. My telephone service went live with BT on 14th January 2014, but I'm unsure what is going to happen with the Infinity broadband. The order has been submitted into BT systems over 8 times and I'm getting fed up with BT now.

Whats more my BT phone line is in some limbo state that I'm unable to add CallerID or SmartTalk and the current SmartTalk offer finishes on the 31st January.

I'd like BT to confirm in writing the terms of my Infinity order (i.e. monthly cost and cashback payments)

I have not received a single email confirming the costs and I'm tempted to cancel everything if I don't receive this.

Is any Moderator able to help with this issue?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Migration to BT Infinity keeps failing

A moderator should be along in the morning to look into this for you.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 9

Hi Barnish,

Welcome to the forum.  This doesn't make good reading at all, I am very sorry you have had such a poor experience so far.  I would like to look into this for you.  I will need to take a peek at your account to understand what is going on but I am sure I can answer your questions and sort out this mess.

Can you please drop me an email.  I will need some information so that I can locate your account so if you could include any order numbers, account number or even address that would do the trick.  Click on my username (SeanD) and you will find my contact link under the 'About me' section of my profile.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
PlenoOrgano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

It may not make good reading but it is the rule rather than the exception. When will BT get its house in order?

0 Ratings
barnish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Still no reponse from the Moderators ContactUs form.

I sent a complaints letter to Gavin Patterson (CEO BT Retail) and received a text message promising a call back on Monday 27/1/2014. Nobody called.

I have never encountered a company with such disregard for their customers as BT.

0 Ratings
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 9

Hi barnish,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.  I can see your email on our inbox.  We'll get you a reply sent out asap.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
barnish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I received a friendly call from one of the moderators earlier in the week, but the problem is still far from solved.

For a week now Lynda in the Executive complaints office has been promising to call me and the latest is that the "MY ORDER" department will contact me with an update as soon as possible.

Why is it that nobody in BT knows what is going on? 

When will somebody finally call me and tell me when the installation will be completed?

And when will I receive a written order confirmation detailing the costs and type of the service that will be provided? 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 9

Hi Barnish,

I can see Robbie is due to chase this up for you today and update you. He will be in touch with later.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
barnish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Robbie,

Please can I have an update on my order?

I'm losing patience with BT. 

I'd like to discuss cancelling the order as I'm not willing to wait any longer.

0 Ratings