cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Migration to BTMail

I was migrated to BTMail on one of my three accounts on Saturday 27 September. Since then I have not been able to access that email account - the main one linked to MyBT. Each time I try to access - either by clicking on the Email tab at the top of the page or the Email box once logged into MyBT, I just get the log-in screen again. There is no error message.

I reported this to BT and received a phone call to try to help (on last Saturday afternoon). The guy said it was beyond him and he would get an email engineer to contact me. Still waiting.

I have tried different browsers, clearing cache and history, but nothing works.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Migration to BTMail

What happens when you log onto MyBT and scroll down to My Extras and click on Manage BTMail ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

It takes me to the log-in screen. Exactly the same as clicking on the Email tab at the top of the screen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 13

Hi nagaho, 

Thanks for your post. 

Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Sent my details as instructed, but no contact.

Extremely frustrating. This email account receives a lot of time sensitive information and I have not been able to access the account since the end of September.

I actually thought something had been changed because attempts to log on now flip between the following addresses:

https://samlfed.bt.com/dantesemailuk.htm

and

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform?code=ow1

However, this just loops until the browser is closed.

HELP!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

The moderators can take upto five working days to get back to you after they have received your form in their workstack.

I don't know why you would be getting these log on pages, the normal logon page is https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

I think BT tried to contact me, but they haven't left a message. Therefore, still no access to that email account.

You are correct that that is the log-in address. Having entered my details from the log-in screen, the screen then jumps between the two addresses mentioned above, as if it has got itself in a loop.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

If the moderators link is still open to you, drop them another note.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 13

Ok...so is this https://samlfed.bt.com/dantesemailuk.htm definitely a bt server?

Ever since migrating over from btyahoo mst be more than a year ago I get this popping up during login at least one time in two. It looks so odd (dantes email?) that I did speak to bt and was told that it is just a random name allocated by an engineer when setting up a server.

Hmm.

Still keeps happening.

Almsot every time I log in, for the first time, I get a screen that says sorry, too many log in attempts, come back in 15 minutes. But I can log in right away, always with this odd url showing up. Similarly, sometimes email just falls over and reloads...and I see the same url before I get to btmail.bt.com

Is it a bt mail server?? Fed up with desperately slow and inconvenient inbox and adverts, despite being apaying bt customer. The old yahoo service was heaps better. I'm only staying with it because the email address is useful...

0 Ratings