cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maturecheese
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Migration woes

I received my MAC from SKY and used it online to subscribe to BT Infinity and duly had it installed on the 24th Jan.  Upon reading my bank statement today 17th Feb, I discover that SKY are still billing me for Broadband.  I phoned them only to be told that I cannot have my money refunded as it is BT's fault as they did not inform SKY that they had taken over my line.  I was told I would have to contact BT and get the refund from them.  I contacted BT and told them the situation only to be told I must get proof in writing from SKY and then send it with a letter to the BT Customer Correspondence Centre in Durham.  So basically it is going to take weeks to get my money back when I have done nothing wrong.  BT might even fob me off as well so I am most unimpressed.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Migration woes

I'm sad to hear that.

Trouble is that often seems to be a last gasp attempt - revenue earning trick from the ISP your leaving.

I had the same sort of trouble from mine. In THIS POST

"So if you do leave them don't rely on your new ISP to inform TT of change over date, even if they say they will it's too easy for TT to deny you told them, requesting a MAC number doesn't mean your going to use it to migrate away."

I would recommend averyone when changing ISP to write to your old/previous ISP giving them the date the new ISP went live.

Even send it via recorded letter if you wanted.

Good luck sorting things out.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Maturecheese
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thak you  I have learned my lesson  I can assure you.  The next time I migrate I will do just as you said.  The sad thing is we should be able to trust the ISP's to take their responsibilities seriously.

0 Ratings
Maturecheese
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I thought I had better update this thread as to my surprise BT refunded me the money.  I had to provide a letter from Sky showing the billed amount but to BT's credit they paid meSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Good to know you got it sorted in the end and that BT came through.
0 Ratings
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Did you pay sky by direct debit? If so any payments they take that you didn't authorise must be immediately refunded by your bank. This is stated in the direct debit guarantee. Glad to hear you got it sorted anyway! 🙂
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings