- MK10 7BZ - Somerset Walk
- MK10 7DD - Cranmore Circle
- MK10 7DB - Countess Way
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 132 of 139

Re: Milton Keynes / Bradwell Abbey Exchange / FTTP Trial

I am moving home and the post code of the home I am moving into is covered by FTTP (I've seen the little box outside on a neighbours property) and is on the Bradwell Abbey exchange but the home I am moving to doesn't have FTTP (the current owners have a standard broadband package).

Now the trial is over is there a way I can get FTTP?

Do I just sign up with BT Infinty and will they come and wire everything up?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 133 of 139

I belive the trial has been over for a while now so you would just apply as normal.

have you checked the link Here to check availability?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 134 of 139

Yes. You choose Infinity 1,2 or 3 and they come and install FTTP. You may also get FVA, which is a fibre phone line. Not the usual copper line.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 135 of 139

Thanks for the feedback.

The BT Infinity site says the address (don't have the phone number for the place) can get BT Infinity I just wanted to make sure I'd get FTTP and not something like FTTC.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 136 of 139

Does the site give a speed estimation? should also say if FTTC or FTTP available.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 137 of 139

Still not available in Walton Grange new builds area. We are getting less than 1mbps speed :-(. Next to our street walton park (beales lane) getting 100mbps(super fast broadband). Anyone have enough info regarding Walton area? Nowadays BT websites doesn't provide estimated dates for fibre optic anymore.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 138 of 139

For new builds it will be up to the developer to assist with the build of the network and what they are requiring to be built. There are some issues the plant for FTTP if the chambers are not built to the correct specification, some of the other estates in the area have large street chambers so very little physical work needed to be done as many of them were built for CTV.

There has been some work done over in Broughton in recent months, not sure how Oakgrove is going to pan out there has been no work over there except of a standard copper cabinet on the roadside.

The new estates suffer from the lack of decent planning, there has been some back filling with FTTC towards Fishermead (where the SMBA exchange actually is).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 139 of 139

Hmm still waiting for fibre optic in Walton area.

0 Ratings