cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 121 of 139

Re: Milton Keynes / Bradwell Abbey Exchange / FTTP Trial

Well, no news or movement on FTTP or C in Broughton Gate...getting a little bit frustrated as we're being left behind, come on BT...Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 122 of 139

Right thats it...if BT isn't going to sort out the rest of the Bradwell Abbey exchange...I'm off to 3G...Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 123 of 139

Some great news for those in Broughton Gate, and indeed the rest of MK (on the wrong side of the current digital divide). Extract and link below:

BT announced on 19-Dec-11 that it is to extend the reach of its super-fast broadband network in Milton Keynes. 

They revealed that 20,000 more homes and businesses in Bradwell Abbey will be able to receive super-fast broadband by the end of 2012. Around 9,600 homes and businesses will be able to receive service over FTTP and 10,700 will be served by BT’s fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) super-fast fibre-based broadband. 

Around 11,000 homes and businesses are already within reach of the FTTP technology and today’s announcement means that about 95 per cent of premises served by the Bradwell Abbey exchange will have access to faster broadband through a mix of FTTP and FTTC technologies.

http://www.btplc.com/news/articles/showarticle.cfm?articleid=%7Bfeafcc07-1cae-4eac-9432-963a836c781e...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 124 of 139

Good news indeed, but only of academic interest to the large areas of MK that are NOT on the Bradwell Abbey exchange ( including the areas around Bradwell Abbey itself, for reasons explained at the beginning of this thread, lol ! )  Over here in Bradwell Village 1.0 to 1.5 mbps is still the norm.  Still the FTTC cabinets are here, and will one day be RFS or so it is rumoured.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 125 of 139

does anyone have any news on Fibre to  the Broughton Village area?  Bt dont seem to have any information on a live date.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 126 of 139

Hi. Do you guys heard anything new in regards to MK10 7(xx) area, or Broughton Gate? I was so dissapointed to findout that new propety I have bought is not Fibre Optic available.... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 127 of 139

Nothing solid as yet, are you a new build? There is some discussion in some circles about infrastructure problems in a couple of area over that side. If the area is still in the process of being built then it may be a while before FTTP will become available, SMBA is also being backfilled with FTTC.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 128 of 139

@hedeon wrote:

Hi. Do you guys heard anything new in regards to MK10 7(xx) area, or Broughton Gate? I was so dissapointed to findout that new propety I have bought is not Fibre Optic available.... 

I'm sure there has been talk of FTTC in recent months. Have a look at the MK Broadband action Group (MKBAG) at www.bb4mk.org I think you will find it interesting!

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 129 of 139

Do anyone know when are they going to get BT infinity in walton area (new builds)?. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 130 of 139

I'm in Walnut Tree, just over the road from Walton and I've got FTTP on order, so maybe not too much longer, have you checked lately to see if it's available?

0 Ratings