Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Briank1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Mini wifi hotspot internet connection problems

Go to solution
Newly joined forum so apologies if this has already been solved.
I have homehub 5 and mini wifi hotspot kit. If I connect hotspots I get message that there is 'no internet connection' on for example the iPhone although it shows full wifi connection. If I unplug the hotspot the internet connection is restored. Tried using normal and cloned setup, different sockets but no joy.
Grateful for any help.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mini wifi hotspot internet connection problems

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @Briank1

Is the Ethernet connection LED lit on the end that is connected to the home hub?

Which BT hotspot kit do you have, as there are a number of them?

0 Ratings
Briank1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Ethernet LED is lit. Bt wifi hotspot 500 is the kit.
Thanks,
Brian
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Briank1 wrote:
Ethernet LED is lit. Bt wifi hotspot 500 is the kit.
Thanks,
Brian

First thing is to do a factory reset on the home hub, as there could be some invalid connections stored, especially if devices have also connected to the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then disable Smart Setup

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

See if devices can then connect to the wireless hotspot. Its important that the wireless hotspot does not have the same SSID as the home hub.

Briank1
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Keith,
Thank you for your help. Before your earlier post I split the frequencies to work independently. The 2.4 GHz still wouldn't allow internet access when the mini wifi hotspot was on.
After your post I reset everything to factory settings and lo and behold it now works.
By the way after the reboot my Sony TVs now connects to the internet - didn't work before.
0 Ratings