Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 5

Minimum speed before Infinity can be ordered

Go to solution

Guys, my turn to ask a question on here now.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum speed that a customer needs to achieve before they are able to order infinity?

I have had an enquiry from a friend who seems to be unable to order infinity, their current line speed is 0.5Mb

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Minimum speed before Infinity can be ordered

Go to solution
it depends on the predicted fttc speed for the phone number
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
normally no lower than 15mb if lower you can order total broadband with fibre this comes up when you use the BT order checker
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Infinity is normally above 15mbps, but if it's belows it classed as BT Faster Total Broadband which is below 15mbps but is stll FTTC.

Though i've heard rumours they withdraw it if they believe it will be more unstable than their ADSL line.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

The minimum speed estimate for which you can order an FTTC service is 2Mb; to sub-divide products, the minimum for BT Infinity is 15Mb, and the minimum for Faster Total Broadband Option 3 is 2Mb. Anything below 2Mb we can't place orders for and Openreach can't (or shouldn't) try to install service for.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.