Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 41 of 59

Re: Mis Sold - What Now???

Go to solution

i am very interested in the out come of this as i still do get any were near the speeds i was told i would get from infinity 2 and they will not let me downgrade they say i am within my limit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 42 of 59

Go to solution

Keith, bear in mind that if the OP has been given a range of the speeds by BT at POS then he does have a very good case for being mis-sold a product.

The "Up to" now only refers to the top speed and if you get less than sold then you are quite entitled to complain and either have it resolved ASAP or leave without penalty and claim compensation for the mis-representation of a product.

The days of "Up  to" meaning 0Mbps - whatever are long gone and quite rightly. If you are sold a product with speeds of "From 45Mbps "Up to" 75Mbps then that is a different story and legitimate.

The OP states he is not even being given the minimum quoted, nor ever has been, has a copy of the email to prove it, job done he has a case.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 59

Go to solution

No - I'm not really interested in that reply of "up to and what the line can handle" - as I said, I signed up and was given speeds to be expected in an email and am getting nowhere near that. So would appreciate not having that explained to me again. 

@pippincp - thanks for that take on it, that is my thoughts on it exactly. Completely mis-sold and mislead is my issue here. That's why I added this bit 😉 Was replying to Keith's take on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 44 of 59

Go to solution

That's why my post agreed with you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 59

Go to solution

No contact as of yet, suppose its going to be nearer the 5-6 day timescale than the 3. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 59

Go to solution

Well that's encouraging - got called yesterday and told I would receive a phone call between 4 & 6pm to arrange another engineer visit - and in true BT tradition, the phone call never materialised. So much for Mods taking this own and taking ownership. Its a **bleep** joke and not happy at all

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 47 of 59

Go to solution

Hi fnfedup,

I can see that my colleague Anne Louise was speaking to your partner yesterday. I am sorry that your didn't receive your call back as promised. I have had a look at your account and can see that the call back was booked for today between 16:00 - 18:00. Please let me know if you don't receive the call back this evening.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 59

Go to solution
@PaddyB - surprisingly enough, that call back didn't happen either. Bit of a pattern forming here, don't you think?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 59

Go to solution
i have asked the mods to re contact you tommorow
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 50 of 59

Go to solution

Hi Fnfedup,

I am really sorry about you not getting a call back yesterday, this is completely unacceptable.  I will personally give you a call later on today to sort out your complaint.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings