cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Mis-sold followed by lies and disgraceful Customer Service

Truly wished I'd done more research into BT, but thought after being a customer for 30 years plus, I could trust these people. How wrong I was!! During a discussion with a BT advisor, I went ahead with an order relating to my Telephone. I was told this order would go live the next day and I could progress to ordering fibre broadband. I logged on and tracked the order only to find this was far from the truth. However, after being given specific reassurances by BT, I decided to wait until the telephone order was activated some 10 days later so I could follow up with the unlimited fibre broadband. I placed the broadband order, but when I tracked the order, it wasn't the unlimited package, instead it was a restricted usage package. 

I have contacted BT on countless occasions in an effort to resolve this issue. I have been promised e-mails to confirm the matter is resolved. I have been promised calls to confirm the matter is resolved. I have been promised the order has been changed "in-flight". I have been promised that I could view the in- flight change via the Track Order portal. Non of the aforementioned have happened over a three week period. One BT advisor even disconnected my call mid discussion. I have given BT numerous opportunities to resolve this matter and tried to remain reasonable. Unfortunately, my patience has been tested to its limits and I must conclude that BT Customer Service is a disgrace and a complete shambles. BT have blatantly misled, mis-sold and ultimately treat me with contempt. I have now completed their DSR online cancellation and received incident numbers relating to this situation. That said, I am confident that BT's incompetence and unprofessional behaviour will continue and this will become a protracted issue. I am so pleased I have recorded all my calls to BT. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Mis-sold followed by lies and disgraceful Customer Service

only people on the forum that can help you are the forum mods who are BT employees  they will post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 11

Hi LC,

If you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile, I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

"One BT advisor even disconnected my call mid discussion."

That seems to be a standard ruse by BT. It just happened to me.  As soon as the problem got too complicated the advisor just dropped the call without a word.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

You'r

@LC wrote:

Truly wished I'd done more research into BT, but thought after being a customer for 30 years plus, I could trust these people. How wrong I was!! During a discussion with a BT advisor, I went ahead with an order relating to my Telephone. I was told this order would go live the next day and I could progress to ordering fibre broadband. I logged on and tracked the order only to find this was far from the truth. However, after being given specific reassurances by BT, I decided to wait until the telephone order was activated some 10 days later so I could follow up with the unlimited fibre broadband. I placed the broadband order, but when I tracked the order, it wasn't the unlimited package, instead it was a restricted usage package. 

I have contacted BT on countless occasions in an effort to resolve this issue. I have been promised e-mails to confirm the matter is resolved. I have been promised calls to confirm the matter is resolved. I have been promised the order has been changed "in-flight". I have been promised that I could view the in- flight change via the Track Order portal. Non of the aforementioned have happened over a three week period. One BT advisor even disconnected my call mid discussion. I have given BT numerous opportunities to resolve this matter and tried to remain reasonable. Unfortunately, my patience has been tested to its limits and I must conclude that BT Customer Service is a disgrace and a complete shambles. BT have blatantly misled, mis-sold and ultimately treat me with contempt. I have now completed their DSR online cancellation and received incident numbers relating to this situation. That said, I am confident that BT's incompetence and unprofessional behaviour will continue and this will become a protracted issue. I am so pleased I have recorded all my calls to BT. 

You're not alone. BT, and particularly Openreach, dont want to know if you have a complaint. The Indian Call Centre is set up to divert the flak and does nothing constructive.

How do you cancel BT contract without penalty!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Thank you for your response. Like I said in my original post, I'm confident my situation will develop into a protracted issue. That said, I am fully prepared to pursue the resolution I seek and am legally entitled to, no matter how long it takes and at whatever cost. Even after confirming the order cancellation 5 days ago, today I discover BT have dispatched equipment to my address! Beggars belief, although I'm not surprised given the catalogue of evident incompetent and contemptuous behaviour. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@LC wrote:

Thank you for your response. Like I said in my original post, I'm confident my situation will develop into a protracted issue. That said, I am fully prepared to pursue the resolution I seek and am legally entitled to, no matter how long it takes and at whatever cost. Even after confirming the order cancellation 5 days ago, today I discover BT have dispatched equipment to my address! Beggars belief, although I'm not surprised given the catalogue of evident incompetent and contemptuous behaviour. 

Have you taken up the mods offer of help?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

The "Mods" offered to help. I replied to the "Mods" post, but to date have yet to receive a reply other than yet ANOTHER automated incident number. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

The saga continues! After cancelling the order 5 days ago using the DSR online cancellation form followed by a telephone call to confirm the cancellation, the postman has delivered BT equipment this morning. It will sit there unopened until BT send a courier to collect it! Lost for words to describe this company.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.

0 Ratings