cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Misleading Infinity Advert?

The current TV  advert for BT Infinity Option 1 is offering it @ £7.50 for 6 months, then £15.00/month.

On the face of it it appears a good offer. However, the TV advert is using the young man who we all know has had BT Broadband for a couple of years now enthusing about the offer. The small print in the advert says this offer is only for new BT Broadband customers therefore this young man wouldn't be able to get it for that price.

Is this advert misleading for existing customers of BT Broadband?

The BT website that makes the same offer only has the small print right at the bottom of the page which anyone who's interested in the offer won't see unless they scroll to the bottom of the page. The small 0 alongside the word "months" in the price box is meaningless. 

I am an existing BT Infinity 1 user paying £18.00/month. Why aren't we all getting it for £15.00/month? If the price has come down shouldn't we all benefit? Doesn't seem fair in my opinion.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Misleading Infinity Advert?

if you look closely the download limit has been changed to 20gb from 40gb

and like most companies they make special offers to get new customers you can do the same by re negotiating your contract when it is due
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

They are attracting new customers by offering the £7.50 for six months. When I signed up it was £18/month from the word go.

I admit I didn't notice the download limit had been reduced. I still think the advert could mislead existing customers showing the same BT customer singing it's praises.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

if i remember the advert it states he was ordering for someone else in which case it would have to be in the new customers name for account purposes and installation address
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

John, you clearly pay more attention to the adverts than I do.

I will pay more attention next time it's screened.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 9

He volunteered to pay for his girlfriend's upgrade to Infinity.

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for that Richard.

BT must be pleased that some people actually watch these adverts and concentrate at the same time. I generally pick up a crossword when adverts are on. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@George99 wrote:

Thanks for that Richard.

BT must be pleased that some people actually watch these adverts and concentrate at the same time. I generally pick up a crossword when adverts are on. 

But you watched it enough to comment on it and find out the accuracy of it so it has done it's job Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Non-canon ads? Very amateur of you BT.

0 Ratings