cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 32

Re: Misleading ways in which to lure customers to BT Infinity and then not be able to get it

@deathaxe wrote:

There is quite a lot of FTTC resellers that are happily supplying FTTC now, in fact it's only Sky and Be/O2 who are dragging their feet.

Zen, IDnet, Plusnet, Talk Talk etc etc are all supplying FTTC and will happily take orders.

Quite right, there are now many supplying a fibre product, the vast majority at a much higher price and with peak time download limits.

But the network belongs to BT, and as pippen says untill its released for service none of them can take your order.

What you might find with a smaller ISP, is sometimes they can winkle out a bit more info about when .

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 12 of 32

Re: Misleading ways in which to lure customers to BT Infinity and then not be able to get it

The OP posted "Some providers are testing FTTC but that's perhaps another year away."

I was pointing out there are quite of lot of providers already.

Actually one of the more expensive ones may be able to find out why the checker is going doo-lally and they may be able to contact BT and find out why this is happening.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 32

@deathaxe wrote:
Actually one of the more expensive ones may be able to find out why the checker is going doo-lally and they may be able to contact BT and find out why this is happening.

Totally agree on that point, smaller ISP's can tend to dig out information far easier than what BT (ISP) can get from other parts of the same company.

They are looking for customers and try to go one step further to get them.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
eurisko
Contributor
Message 14 of 32

As am I. I know I can't try an alternate supplier until BT activates that cabinet. The most frustrating thing is that they keep extending the deliverable date. This is hardly a managed service to their customers......
0 Ratings
Highlighted
eurisko
Contributor
Message 15 of 32

@deathaxe - the whole problem with this is the originating information.  Clearly Openreach or whoever the source of the information is, provides a lot of misinformation that ultimately informs the BT calldesk and the customer.  However the goalposts keep moving.

I don't want a moving feast - I've already been waiting since December last year and I had to tell BT Sales to STOP calling me with something I cannot get.  Yet the website is not a compliant or accurate.

Bottom line is accurate information and communication.  We are customers who base our choices on information provided to us.  If the information is rubbish, what is the point.

My cynical side suggests that it's a way of getting unwitting customers to BT and then - "sorry we cannot offer you BT Infinity and so here's BT Broadband".  Therefore it's more expensive and no better service (other than more restrictive T&Cs) and they get another customer cos moving between ISPs is a nightmare.

I tend to think that either the dinosaur isn't capable of a proper strategic/technical plan or they have dubious marketing techniques.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 16 of 32

Blame firmly rests on OFCOM for this whole sorry saga.

They made BT split into 3 different companies (although under the same umbrella).

BT Openreach are the owners of the equipment no matter which ISP you use.

BT Wholesale sell the service to ISP's (even BT Retail).

BT Retail cannot contact Openreach directly if there is a problem.

All in the name of competition. (Remember when directory enquiries was free!)?

0 Ratings
eurisko
Contributor
Message 17 of 32

What a total disaster.......

So you're basically telling me is that all the disjointed parts of BT can't provide ultimate accurate information to the final customer?

I want accurate information from which I can make and informed decision.

For the past 10 months, I have been unable to do so and the frustration is absolutely rubbish.

They need a cohesive demonstration of offering this service out without complication.

Or get the cabs FTTC'd and let the smaller operators sell a decent service. 

I have a business client 5 mins from me on a new business park and they get about 2Mb for about 5 office users concurrenlty.  For a business this is unacceptable.  I am having to look at bonded broadband at a more excessive cost that BT Infinity.  This should be available for them.

Total communication screwup?!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
eurisko
Contributor
Message 18 of 32

Thanks InfiniteChris, I've done the dslchecker and it concurs with the BT website that I will get it on 21 September 2011.

Here's the current result:

BTwholesaleChecker-120911.jpg

And this is the official BT website BT-Infinity-130911.jpg

So in 8 days time let's see what I get told.  I won't be surprised if it's sometime in October.  it's happened every month for the past 6 months so why should next month be any different?

I am going to continue to post these updates until either they stop promising what they never intend to supply or someone gets off their backside and sorts the problem out.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 19 of 32

Hi eurisko,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're having when trying to place an order. If the date changes again this month, drop us an email (through the weblink form in my profile under "about me") and I'll make enquiries as to why this is happening.

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 32

You have my sympathy. I've been getting similar frustration, although not as extreme as yours. Like you, my cabinet (LWEAL/21) was originally scheduled for December 2010.

It has slipped by 3 months, every 3 months since. Currently scheduled for September 2011 but as I can look out the window and see they've not even started installing a fibre cabinet, that date is as ficticious as the previous ones.

Deeply annoying and frustrating.

0 Ratings