Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bomber514
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Missed engineer appointment

I originally placed an order for Infinity to be installed on the 26thNovember.At 12.50 I rang BT and was told that the engineer wouldn,t be coming."resource problems "I think the excuse was.No one from BT rang me to keep me informed.I then was able to re-arrange a further appt for Friday14th December.Again I waited in.I rang again at 12pm because yet again no engineer had arrived and no one had called me.The very nice lady I spoke to checked and said"I,m sorry they won,t be coming because the order/appointment had been cancelled"I asked why the cancellation and was told the engineer phone systems were down and she couldn,t get through.Very convenient I thought!!I asked for a call back for someone to explain but at the time of writing I have received no such call.I have been told via an on line chat I am entitled to£10 as a good will gesture for every missed appointment.So far I,m on £20 hope I don,t have cause to make it £30.I tried ringing yesterday but have not been able to receive a satisfactory explanation as to the failed appointments.I have also filed a complaint via the BT website but as yet noi reply.The lady I spoke to kindly re-arranged and confirmed the next appoint was for Friday21st December.Perhaps I shouldn,t hold my breath.We,ll see!!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Bomber514
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Missed engineer appointment

Why has this post been moved.Thankyou
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

@Bomber514 wrote:
Why has this post been moved.Thankyou

Its not actually a fault on a working Infinity installation, is a new order/package which has been delayed.

0 Ratings
Bomber514
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Please put this post back in the Infinty section as there...

Please put this post back in the Infinty section as there are several other post in there that have a similar subject and have not been moved.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Which threads are in the wrong place?

BT Infinity

Use this board to post any questions about connection and speed problems on your Infinity broadband.

There are a lot of experts on the Infinity board, ready to help people with their faults. Having to wade through lots of posts about missed appointments, is frustrating for them Smiley Wink

You have also changed the subject of this thread, so if people search for it, they are not going to be able to find it.

Have you been given confirmation of the 21st December for your new installation?

0 Ratings
Bomber514
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Mr Beddoe,

I thought that this thread would get more exposure in the Infinity section as to my mind this is not appropiate to a billing enquiry.Anyway as to question about the 21stDecember appointment that came and went without any notification from BT.I now find that the appt has been re allocated to 1oth Jan agin with out any recourse to myself.I contacted BT again and am now waiting for a confirmation call for a new appt that is convenient to myself and not one of BT,s choosing.Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@Bomber514 wrote:

I thought that this thread would get more exposure in the Infinity section as to my mind this is not appropiate to a billing enquiry.Anyway as to question about the 21stDecember appointment that came and went without any notification from BT.I now find that the appt has been re allocated to 1oth Jan agin with out any recourse to myself.I contacted BT again and am now waiting for a confirmation call for a new appt that is convenient to myself and not one of BT,s choosing.Smiley Mad

I will move it back, but I don`t think it will make any difference, as this is only a customer to customer forum.

0 Ratings
Bomber514
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

After several more phone calls from myself to BT I have now had it confirmed that the next appointment is for the 8th January.This is one of 4 dates I said would be acceptable to me.Don,t thin k I,ll hold my breath though.Will post on here if this date goes ahead.

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

...........and your thread is STILL in the "Bills and Packages" section

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 12

Words fail me to explain why Keith moved your post. He's normally pretty good and "on the ball". (though I may not agree with him at times).

If you have any further problems with your install contact the mods with the link below.

Not forgetting - Welcome to the forum!

BTW Keep us updated on what happens.

0 Ratings