cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chayground
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Missed out on £100 gift card by ordering 25 minutes too early - do I have to cancel and reorder?

Hi I signed up for BT Infinity 1 plus TV and calls, via Quidco (£140 cashback pending) on 31st March just before midnight.

The very next day BT started their 14 days of offers! D'oh! So if I had waited until the 1st April (!) I would have been in line for £160 Quidco and a £100 pre-paid mastercard, but as it is I am left with an order that is £120 more expensive than if I had waited a few minutes to order! (hindsight is 20:20)

Ignoring the extra £20 quidco, is there any way that I can get the £100 pre-paid card, or account credit to a similar value or something without having to cancel the entire package (I'm stil within the cooling off period) and re-ordering?

It seems mad that I would have to go through cancelling and re-ordering with hassle for both parties, when some kindly mod on here could perhaps sort it out for me without all the hassle?

If there is no other way than cancelling and reordering - what is the best way to cancel - do I have to cancel on the phone or can I do it online? I can't seem to access My BT because I never recieved a confirmation email and the "request a confirmation email" button doesn't seem to send a new email! And if I cancel and then reorder will that totally mess up any quidco?  Should I reorder in my wife's name, or would that make matters worse!?

Thanks for your assistance!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
JohnC2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Missed out on £100 gift card by ordering 25 minutes too early - do I have to cancel and reorder?

Hi @chayground Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Offers are always changing and you would only get the deal you signed up to at that time.

You can cancel and start again to get the better deal as long as your services are not connected yet. You would need to call the Customer Options Team 0800 800 030 to cancel the order.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Missed out on £100 gift card by ordering 25 minutes too early - do I have to cancel and reorder?

I would doubt if you would get your offer changed for that reason
if you want to cancel you have to do it by phone then reorder on line however it could cause confusion to the amounts paid
0 Ratings