It's not a boosted aerial. I can stomach the six quid at Maplins, but I'd rather avoid the journey if it might be something else that I can check first ! BT seem to think I've got a faulty box, but only because all the standard checks (eg can the TV received the channels) came up clean. If those standard checks fail, is it always down to excess signal ?
i did the software reset multiple times also the hardware reset on the box by holding down a few buttons.
have you connected the aerial straight to the tv , everything was fine then for me so as the engineer visit was a week away i decided to purchase the accentuator.
when fitting, it was immeadiately apparent it had worked as it took much longer to scan for my channels.
i would definately purchase as im sure this is your problem.
So I picked up the attenuator from Maplins (currently retailing there at £4.99). Before I plugged it into the box, I thought I'd rescan the channels to compare like with like. Woodya believe it: I'm now up to 118 channels from the previous 32 !
Maybe there's different atmospheric conditions compared to last night or this morning (we did have a storm pass through last night).
I plugged in the attenuator and retuned, but it's stayed at 118. No extra channels popping out of the woodwork with it plugged in.
Thanks for all the help. I'll keep the attenuator handy.