cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allanh
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Missing install button on iPad App

I recently uninstalled the BT wi-fi app from my iPad mini. On trying to re-install, the install button is missing in the App Store setup. I am guessing that there is some remnant of the app still resident somewhere and it presumes that it is still installed.
I would really like to use the BT wi-fi app as I found it really useful.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Missing install button on iPad App

Have you tried restarting your Ipad since the uninstall of the app. This usually flushes out any remnants.

allanh
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the speedy reply.
I did try a reset I.e. holding the 'home' and the 'sleep' buttons together until it reset but it made no difference.
I am reluctant to do a factory reset due to the amount of work involved in setting everything up again.
Many thanks again
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Are you able to check with somebody who has an Ipad that the app is available in the App store per chance the problem is there rather than with your Ipad?

allanh
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I don't have access to anybody with an iPad but on checking the App Store for apps which I have already installed, where the install button should be there is an 'open' button instead of 'install' so I suppose it is a similar thing.
I guess that I will just have to put up with filling in my username , password etc. until I can pluck up the courage to do a full reset.
Thanks again for your help
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

It's a while since I used an Ipad but can you not download it via Itunes onto your Ipad.

0 Ratings
allanh
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I think I will have to bite the bullet and do a factory reset - I have been told that it clears out a lot of accumulated junk and makes the ipad run better. It is a bit before I needed to but I will give it a go.
Many thanks, you have been very helpful
0 Ratings