cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninja_penguin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Missing the end of my recordings

I record very few programs as most of what I watch I can catch up with on iPlayer, ITVplayer etc. I do however record a couple of programs on Dave & Drama. The majority of the time, I'm missing the last couple of minutes from thse programs. Is there a way to add a couple of minutes onto the end of a recording?
Or.... and this would be better... fix my youview box so that it records properly to start with?

The main fault is with New Tricks on Drama.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Dode
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Missing the end of my recordings

Unfortunately the only way to add time on to the program you record (padding) is to record the program after it. A guddle I know!

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 3 of 5

I have also started getting the same sort of problem recoreding CBS Action that started last week. The origanal Star Trek starts recoreding 10 or 12 seconds before it starts than at lest 15 seconds at the end is cut off. All other Freeview channels and internret channels so far seem fine.

Darren

0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi

This is a known problem caused by the broadcaster.

There are more technical explanations on other forum answers but in a nutshell the broadcaster tells the box via the EPG when the program starts/stops and if they are running late/early they should tell the box; if they don't you lose the start/end.  Some broadscasters appear to be better than others.

It needs a consistent effort by all of us to tell the guilty broadcaster to up their game and you can do this by going to their website and emailing their public relations department. If no one tells them i suspect they will think all is well and nothing will change!

Tim

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Only some of the main broadcasters (BBC, ITV etc signal the actual start and end of a programme. The others (including Five) signal by the clock time for the EPG entry even when the published start time does not match the actual planned start time never mind operational delays.

Youview knew all this when they specced the box but decided to pretend it was not something they should cater for by providing padding or manual timers. Youview and their backers (including BT) should hang their heads in shame.

0 Ratings