Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Mobile App Issue revisited

I recently posted about a problem downloading the BT Mobile app

I have since contacted Sony about not being able to download the 4.1 upgrade required to allow me to download the BT Mobile App.They say that although their website advises that 4.1 is the latest update for the Sony Xperia J, this does not mean you may be able to update to it, as network carriers must first accept said update before it can be released to the device.

Can you advise if this update has been accepted or will be accepted by BT Mobile for the Sony Xperia J Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mobile App Issue revisited

Was the phone locked to one of the main providers - O2, voda etc and has been subsequently unlocked for BT Mobile?  If so then it is the original providers who will roll out the firmware update not the current sim provider

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

The phone was bought unlocked and has never been locked to any provider.  Sony says its not them as they have released it and its the network provider that has to accept it and BT say its not them.

So where does that leave me, who provides the update?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you try and update using the phone 'check for updates' does it say no update available?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

If the phone was originally sim free then you should get updates direct from Sony it has nothing to do with the carrier
0 Ratings