cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrissheppy69
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Mobile devices

Hi all, since my UHD box did the last update I can not set a remote record from any of my phones or tablets. I have tried removing it from the box and then re syncing them but it still doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem or can help me out ?

Thanks, Chris.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Mobile devices

which app are you using   Youview or BT TV  on  your phone/tablet  ?

what actally happens when you select a program to record using the app on the mobile device ?

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

I've got exactly the same problem - the ability to set a remote record has vanished from both my iPad and iPhone. I've tried repairing both, no joy. BT TV app, latest version.

There's an even more fundamental problem - searching is broken. For example, if I search for a programme in the app I know is showing that I want to record, I get no results. But it's there; I can find it in the grid view. Even then, no option to remote record.

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

PS: Just re-installed YouView app. That's working fine for both search and remote record.

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

PPS: Only affecting certain channels, eg TalkingPicturesTV.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

@Seamaster  Thanks for raising ...    can you expand upon the list of channels that you are experiencing the problem with .. ie any others than Talking Pictures.

my impression is that there look like there are issues with  Talking Pictures and True Christmas with setting recordings via the schedule in the BT TV app . 

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

I'm not in a position to check every single channel for you, but I note another thread drawing attention to new-to-Freeview channel PBS America is similarly knobbled:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Cannot-remote-record-PBS-America/td-p/1802170

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 11

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for raising this issue.  We have been in touch with the TV app team and have received an update.

The problem you describe is something that we are aware of.  The issue originates from our source metadata for the EPG.  This will effect a very small percentage of programmes although this does vary by channel region.  We are working on ways to improve this but at this time I don’t have a timescale to share with you.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and will let you know in the future when any further improvements are being made.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for the update, Robbie. That's not very encouraging. On the other hand, the YouView app works perfectly, so uninstalling the BT TV app and reverting to that is an effective workaround.
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

@RobbieMac  Not convinced by the explanation you have received.

From my observation  this appears to be a channel wide problem rather than one affecting a small percentage of programs.

It does seem similar to an issue that occured back the summer  with the Discover Science and Turbo channels which were added. Then the explanation  ( @SeanD  received ) was that the EPG data link had not been turned on for these new channels.

Now for example Talking Pictures  and True Christmas  although not new channerls are channels which have have changed multiplexes  in the past couple of months. 

Another channel that seems to be affected is the recently added BT IPTV channel  Nick Jnr Too

0 Ratings